The Aftermath

Brooklyn POV
I woke up. It was really bright outside. All I can see is Ponyboy sleeping in a chair. I can hear Johnny, Sodapop and Darry talking about what happened the night before. I can also hear Two-bit and Steve talking about how much Steve loves chocolate cake. All of a sudden I heard the door open. It was Dally. He was saying "where is she" and "What happened" Dally was like my second brother. Him and Johnny were really close. Ponyboy finally woke up. He asked me how I felt. I said that I felt ok. He made me eggs and toast for breakfast. We ate it on the couch with Two-bit and Steve. We were watching Mickey Mouse cartoons. I was wearing my Greaser shirt. When Johnny saw me him told me to take off the shirt. I said "no". He was being difficult. He kept saying "take off that stupid shirt! You're not apart of that gang! You'll never be!" Ponyboy said" lay off" I was surprised. Ponyboy would never say something like that to Johnny. I had enough of the fighting and the screaming. I got up off the couch and said " I can't take this anymore! All this fighting and screaming! You guys are acting like 5 year olds. I could've handled myself! JUST CAUSE I AM A GIRL DOESN'T MEAN I NEED YOUR HELP JOHNNY! I DON'T NEED YOU JOHNNY!!!" I ran out of the house and ran to the train track. Ponyboy followed me. I was crying and upset. Pony told me "Even if you don't need him, he needs you. You're his little sister. He loves you. I....I need you" A teardrop rolled down his check. I hate situations like this. So emotional. I looked at him and said " At least Steve isn't flipping off of cars anymore" He laughed a little. To be honest I need him to. I need all of them. They are like family to me. I can hear Johnny and Sodapop calling us. I didn't feel like going back to their house. I told Ponyboy "why don't we have an adventure. Let's go somewhere. Run away. Don't turn back. Not care about anything else but today" I grabbed his hand and ran before Soda and Johnny saw us.