Music played behind the conversation. Harry joined in some, and when he did he was the center of attention. I twirled noodles around my fork and watched him talk. I could tell he was enjoying it all.

"How are we getting to mass?" I asked Nonno.

"We'll walk!"

"We always walk." Al Jr. yelled from down the table.

"Mass?" Harry said to me.

"We're Italian." I said. "Therefore we're Catholic. We'll go to midnight mass tonight."

He nodded. "I'm not big on religion, but it'll be interesting."

"Neither am I, but it was how I was raised."

We didn't talk much after that. People shoved food in their mouths like they had never seen food before because they felt like they hadn't. As agitated we had been with fasting all day, when we ate, we realized it was worth it.

The women all cleaned after dinner, but I escaped with Harry to our room.

"That was..."

I laughed. "It was something."

"I haven't had anything like that since my family."

I walked over to the bed and sat on the edge. He sat on the armchair in the corner, draping himself over it.

"Yeah?" I said.

He hummed. "I missed it, you know? I missed having the big family."

"We can come back here if you'd like." I said. "Or we could try to reconnect with your mum if you'd like that."

He sighed. "Let's just live in this moment, Tilly. Enjoy what we have right now. I don't want to think about it."

I pursed my lips and nodded.

The two of us must have fallen asleep because it was nearly eleven when my little cousin ran through my door.

"Matilda, Matilda's friend! Church!"

Harry groaned and sat up in the corner. I sat up and waved my cousin away.

"We have to put on something decent." I said.

He glanced at his black jeans and ripped t-shirt, then back at me. I laughed and shook my head.

I yanked the sweater off of my body and threw it into my suitcase. I grabbed the dress hanging from the closet door and slipped it on, then shimmied out of my pants underneath. The dress was a delicate gold lace. It wasn't too fancy.

"Zip me up." I said, backing up to him. I swiped my hand behind my head to gather my hair. Harry lightly trailed his fingers down my bare back. I shivered.

"Babe." I said, quietly. He chuckled. He zipped me up, then grabbed my waist and spun me around. Before I could say anything he pressed my lips to his.

The kiss was passionate. Our lips moved quickly. He pulled me down the bed with him. He squeezed my hip and I moaned.

Finally, I pulled away and sat up. My lips were swollen and I was out of breath. He lied on his back with his hands behind his head, grinning at me.

"Christ, Harry." I whispered. "You've just gotten me in this dress, you can't take me out of it quite yet."

He laughed loud. Then, he sat up and leaned close to me. His lips brushed my neck.

"You look stunning." he said. "Fucking brilliant."

My cheeks burned. Not knowing what to say, I kissed his cheek and stood. I grabbed my heels from beside my bag and looked back at him.

"Meet me downstairs once you've calmed down." I said. I glanced down at his pants and winked. As I walked down the hall, all I heard was his laugh.

Mass was beautiful. It was a candlelight service. Although I didn't know much about what was being said, I was able to appreciate the architecture of the Cathedral. The domed ceilings were painted. The stained glass towered above the hall, telling their elaborate stories. The sound of the Latin hymns echoed around you. It was eerie.

Harry and I followed the leads of everyone else, singing and praying when we had to. We celebrated the reason behind the holiday, the birth of Christ. Once it was over, we all went home. The whole lot of us walked through cobblestone streets together. My uncles yelled greetings to strangers. You would've thought we had known everyone in Milan.

The children all giggled and chattered of the presents they hoped to receive from "Babbo Natale", Father Christmas.

Upon arrival at the house, everyone was rushed to bed. It was nearly three when Harry and I finally got settled into our room. Mass had lasted two hours and we were both exhausted.

I collapsed onto the bed. Harry held up a finger and walked to his bag to rummage through it. A few moments later, he tossed me a small white bag.

I scrunched my eyebrows. "What's this?"

"Your present." he said, sitting next to me. "Open it."

Inside the bag was a jewelry box. I looked at him and he nodded.

"You didn't have to."

"Just open it, baby."

I rolled my eyes and smiled. I lifted the lid of the box to reveal a ring. It was white gold engraved with an intricate swirled pattern. It took my breath away.

"Harry." I whispered.

"I had it designed custom by Paloma Picasso. There's no diamonds, because I figured you wouldn't want to wear big diamonds while you were working; I thought this could be something you wear every day. But if you want diamonds, I'll buy you a million baby."

"Harry." I whispered again. "I can't even find the words. You're...I'm..."

"It's okay." he said.

I looked up at him. "Thank you."

He leaned forward and kissed my forehead. "Merry Christmas baby."

---

MERRY CHRISTMAS

A CHRISTMAS UPDATE FOR YOU ALL

love you all so much and hope that your holidays are fantastic, whether you celebrate hanukah, christmas, or anything else. and if you celebrate nothing at all, i hope you're having a fantastic day.

love you all and i am so thankful for all of your support.

becca xx