ten

"God, are you okay?" he asked, breathlessly. We were four or five blocks away by this point; it had been silent until now.

I was terrified. My hands were clutched tightly around my bags with white knuckles. When he spoke, I finally let out the breath I had been holding.

He glanced around frantically and finally let go of my wrist. Running a hand over his face, he leaned back against the brick wall of the building we were beside.

"What the hell?" I asked. My eyes were wide. I was so lost. I had no clue what any of this meant, or what the hell I was in the middle of.

His eyes opened, his thick eyelashes fluttering.

"I don't know," he groaned. "He's such a piece of sh-"

"I need an explanation," My eyes narrowed.

He looked at me, taking his bottom lip in with his teeth. Slowly, he nodded. His thick hair shook as he did.

"We need to get home," he said. "My car is around the corner,"

As we walked to his car, he was continuously looking around, staying alert. It kept me on edge, to an extent, because it meant that he was unsure of our safety.

He sped off as soon as we got in the car.

"Tell me if anyone's following us," he sharply said. I didn't respond, instead keeping my eyes on the rearview mirror.

The car was parked a block away from the building and we had to hurry to get through the front doors.

The entire time I didn't talk to him. As we stood in the elevator, I kept my eyes locked on the sleek marble floor. I was angry; why was he being so secretive?

"Tilly-"

"No, Harry, what the fuck?" I snapped looking up at him. "You told me it was probably nothing to worry about,"

"Yeah, I know," he grumbled. "I underestimated the situation,"

I shook my head, looking back down. The elevator sounded, and we were on my floor. My footsteps were quick; I practically ran to my door. He was following me.

When I got inside, I walked to the kitchen and dropped the bags on the counter. When I turned around, he was leaning on the counter. He looked stressed.

My eyes narrowed at him.

"What do you even do with your job?"

He crossed his arms over his chest defensively. "I told you, I sniff out liars,"

I threw my hands up. "Then how did I end up tangled up in this mess?"

He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Shit, I'm sorry,"

"You're sorry?" I said, quietly. "Harry, I was just attacked,"

"I know, okay!" he said, his voice rising. "And I'm really fucking sorry, because honestly, baby, I'm about as clueless as you are. The guy's a piece of shit, always trying to find something that will hurt me in one way or another,"

I felt more spun in circles than I did before. "Why does it matter to him?"

He hesitated before looking down. "I don't know," His voice was low.

My eyes narrowed. "You're lying,"

"No I'm not," he countered.

I scoffed. "You're lying to me," He opened his mouth to speak, but I shook my head. "Listen, Harry, I've got some things to do,"

"Tilly, don't act like this,"

"Act like what? Mad that I'm in the middle of a sea of bullshit when I can't swim and you're not throwing me a fucking life jacket?"

"Tilly..." He looked conflicted.

"Talk to you later," I said, my tone clipped. My eyes met his as I brushed past him leaving the kitchen.

As I walked to my bedroom, I heard him sigh heavily. His loud footsteps made their way through the main room and I heard the door slam behind him.

I couldn't help but wonder if he was upset with me, but that didn't make me care. If I was going to be targeted, I needed to know why. Anger and frustration was just bubbling in the pit of my stomach.

Shaking my head, I walked to the timeline in my room. I picked up the pencil and my fingers carefully etched a little line. Above it, I wrote lightly, 'Attacked and not informed' along with the date.

Harry was such a confusing person. My brain ached to know what was going on when I was around him. He pulled me in so many different directions, and I could never truly tell what I wanted to feel. I never knew what to do.

"Fuck," I whispered. I stepped back and fell onto my bed. The comforter puffed up all around me. My gaze was locked with the plain white ceiling above me. "What are you doing to me, Styles?"

short little chapter sorry

enjoy :-)

ps love u guys lots vote comment