Both Zelda and Sheik were growing desperate. They strained against their captors as Ganondorf became what I can only consider to be a monster – he was literally draining the king of his life, slowly, painfully. Even I could feel the pain the king radiated, and it shocked me. I was physically in pain myself; catching sight of Zelda doubling over, I could tell she could feel it as well.

Stumbling forward, I made my way to where my "father" stood. He eyed me steadily, his voice stone cold, "I never should have given you mercy."

"Yes, you shouldn't have," I agreed, boldly meeting his blazing amber eyes. "You should have killed me when you had the chance because, now, I'm going to kill you."

Every second, Ganondorf tightened his grip around the king's neck, despite the cries and protests of Zelda and Sheik. With absolutely no sympathy in his hard eyes, Ganondorf finally snapped the king's neck while staring me down.

As soon as that happened, Zelda dropped to her knees, a magic shield flying up around her so no Gerudo could lay another hand on her. Sheik hissed and was able to slip into Zelda's shadow now that the Gerudo were distracted and whatever was holding him back was no longer affecting him. It was like there had been some dark magic that had been holding us in place, helpless.

A cry of anguish slipped from Zelda's pale lips as she broke in that moment.

That cry cued everything that was to occur next; I snapped into action, catching sight of Ren. I had to attempt to get rid of him first before I could deal with Ganondorf. Forcing my feet to move, I strode toward Ren, who stood in place, waiting to confront me. Keeping my eyes locked on him, I commanded him to let go of Relena, "Leave her be."

Ren's lips twisted into a nasty sneer, "Make me."

"I will." Stepping boldly forward, I felt my hand clutch my sword tighter, and the Triforce mark on my left hand began glowing brightly, burning and giving me comfort simultaneously. Waves of pain traveled through me; Zelda and I were sharing our agony.

Relena's face had become ashen, losing its typical bronze color, and her normally alert amber eyes looked as though they were glazed over. Tiny cuts covered her face and arms, and a large, angry, red scar ran along her cheek. She tried pulling away from Ren, yet she was too weak. There was nothing she could do with her limited strength.

Rolling his eyes, Ren responded cockily, "I'd like to see you try."

As the Master Sword glinted in the sunlight and clashed down on Ren's saber, I knew right then that I didn't care if I died in that moment – all I had to do was save Zelda and Relena. They were more important to me than life itself. So, when the blood began gushing from the wounds on my body even more, I paid them no heed and met Ren in battle.

Zelda's heart-wrenching cries shook the area, and from the corner of my eye, I saw Ganondorf attempt to bring a sword down on her. He was foolish – her shield would be nothing against him. His try didn't hurt her, but it did bring her back to reality. She stood quickly and shakily to her feet, readying her shield once more. This time, it was just a shimmering mass around her because she was exhausted – she didn't have enough energy; she wouldn't be able to sustain it.

I was torn – I had to deal with Ren and Ganondorf? Of course, I did – but at the same time? There was no way I'd be able to protect both Relena and Zelda. I needed help.

"Sheik – you gotta either take Ren on or distract Ganondorf," I told him. "I'd prefer the second one, to be honest, because I have a score to settle with Ren and I'd love to not deal with Ganondorf at this particular moment, but..."