Vaxer's screams turned into high pitched shrieks, there was more gurgling and snapping. 'Just stop Xaez!!!!' I waited for the screams to end before opening my eyes again. Xaez was eating what was left of him. His disemboweled body had an arm and a leg torn off. 'This is all my fault.'  

 I looked, sniffed and whimpered and scrambled away into the store. 'I should have never picked Xaez up... I should have never trusted him! He killed Prone and he attacked this group. I didn't do anything when Xaez attacked Derek and Vaxer, and I killed Amy... Why does this have to happen.'

I looked down at my holstered pistols and ran to a corner in the store. I covered my face and slid down onto the floor. 'I would've been so much better without Xaez, but I can't leave him. I love him, he's my friend and my pet.'  I remember that I had left my backpack outside where Xaez was.

"No," I said to myself, "Don't go back out there, Xaez is still there." That's when I heard a soft hiss and something hit the floor in front of me. I slowly looked up and saw Xaez holding my backpack with his tail and a arm on the ground in front of him.

He tilted his head and dropped my pack onto the floor. He lied down on the ground and began to gnaw on the arm.

I looked away, stood up, and whispered, "You're a monster Xaez..." I walked off down the aisles and looked for food. 'You killed Amy because of him, you should just leave while he's busy... But my backpack is with him and he always protects me' I stared at the shelves with canned food, canned peas, canned beans, and canned corn.

The canned corn just reminded me of Prone, the time he had traded his food for mine. I sighed and took as much food as I could and headed back to Xaez. He was still eating the arm. I tried not to focus on him and went to my backpack, I shoved the food into it and went off down the aisles again.

'Just need some more food and then I'll be off...' I checked my watch, 4:16 PM. 'Maybe I'll take a nap too...' I continued to go down the aisles, I grabbed some more cans and two boxes of cereal. I went back and shoved them into my backpack. Now I sat on the floor staring down at the tiles. 'It's all my fault, what will people think of me now? My friend killed everyone and I killed Amy, I should stay away from people.'

I heard a growl and I looked up. Xaez was sitting in front of me with the arm in his mouth... or the bone of the arm, his head was tilted, he almost looked like a dog holding a chew toy in it's mouth. "Before we go," I said quietly, "I want to get some sleep."

Xaez screeched and crawled off somewhere.

 I walked over to a corner and lied down to sleep. I stared at my backpack and tried not to think of what happened. 'This is all your fault.' I closed my now tear filled eyes and drifted off to sleep.

When I woke up I immediately looked down at my watch, 7: 24 PM. I had slept in longer then I had wanted too. I looked side to side trying to find Xaez. "Xaez!" I called. No response. I got up and swung my backpack around my shoulder. "Xaez!" I called out again as I began to walk to the exit of the store.

'Where did he go now?' I walked to the exit and peeked outside, it was starting to get dark out but I could still see Xaez curled up beside the corpse of Derek. I closed my eyes. 'He wouldn't have died if it wasn't for me.'

"Xaez..." I said, not opening my eyes, "Come on, we have to go." Xaez screeched quietly and I could hear him get up. I opened my eyes but only slighty. He was standing near the forest now with his head tilted as he stared at me. I walked up to him, "Lead the way."

'At least he seems less... aggressive, unlike yesterday. But that's probably just because he doesn't have anyone else to kill, other then me.' I watched the ground as I walked, Xaez right in front of me, he seemed to hiss once and a while and I was tempted to ask why. 'Although he can't even give me an answer.'

I took a few more steps then yelped as I fell into the dirt, I had tripped over a root. "Ow!" Xaez growled in alarm and swung around, he looked down at me as I tried to get back onto my feet. "Don't worry, just tripped," I grunted as I got up, "I can't see anything, give me a second, I think I still have my flashlight in my backpack."

I set my backpack on the ground and began to feel around inside until I felt the the metal and rubber of the flashlight. I got back up and clicked it on, then zipped up my bag and swung it around my back again.

Xaez looked at me expectantly, "Okay go." He screeched his approval and began to walk again.

'I still can't believe he did that,' I was lying to myself again, 'You knew he would do that, he's a Xenomorph, he's going to kill anyone that will try to take you away from him. But he's my friend, he protected me, he's always protected me, without him I'll die. But he kills everyone I love.'

I shook my head trying to clear my thoughts but it wasn't working, instead I just tried to focus on walking. Now Xaez was being quiet, other then his extremely heavy breathing.  

We walked for at least another hour and I was feeling a bit better, Xaez was jumping around the trees, I guessed that he was trying to be goofy. I was just walking and following him to where ever he wanted to take me.

Sometimes I'd try to imitate the screeches that he did but every time I messed up it seemed like he was laughing at me. He'd just jump up, screech, and whip his tail.

I was surprised that no other Xenomorphs crossed our path, I thought they would have 'seen' my light from the flashlight or heard me and Xaez 'talking' to each other. I just shrugged it off. 'Maybe they do sleep at night.'

All of a sudden I noticed some faint lights up ahead. I squinted and made sure I wasn't imagining them. "Xaez? You see that?" I asked stepping towards them a little bit.

Xaez growled and looked in the direction, he didn't seem happy again.

"Shh." I walked up a bit more and flicked off my flashlight, I peeked around a tree and saw a massive field. There were tents, military tents, set up in the middle of it with a massive vehicle right next to it. I could see a few people walking around and yelling to each other, wandering around the lights that were set up around the site.

I stared in amazement for a few seconds and was about to go running toward the area but I stopped myself. 'Xaez' I looked at my Xenomorph that stood beside me. 'I can't go there, Xaez would slaughter them all. Besides, what would they think of me? I killed Amy. I watched and let Xaez kill people, kill Prone. If I go there, I know what will happen. I know what he'll do. What i'll do.'

Xaez growled again and looked at me. I paused, 'I should go, the longer we stay the more likely he'll kill him.' I looked back at Xaez, "Come on," I said quietly, "Let's go before they see us, I don't want to get picked up by any other Marine."

I turned and walked away from the field, following the tree line. Xaez seemed much happier about what I decided to do. I hated how I couldn't do what I really wanted to, but he was the only one that could protect me the most.

'Let's just hope I don't do anything else wrong...'