stepping out of the shadows 1

Ok take a deep breath, I said to myself.

I inhaled and slowly exhaled.

The unpleasant noise next room kept getting louder. What kind of noise? Sex noise, if such a phrase exists. It should. Let me start from the beginning. Since my parents are on a business trip, last night my sister came back home from a late night party with a guy. They got really busy in her room. At one point, they were making so much noise; I had to get up to barf. Then now, they decided to have morning sex. Let tell you, there are some things in life that you rather miss, this is it. Hearing your elder sister screaming in ecstasy in the next room is beyond sick. Its hell. God, I think I'm going to get nightmares for the next couples of weeks.

My name is Evangeline Adler by the way, but please, just call me Eve. Evangeline is such a mouthful, by the time I'm done saying my name, the guy's already lost interest. Not that anyone's interested anyway.

I got out of my bed. It was already 7:00 am, I'd love to remind my sis to get ready but as you can see, she's kind of busy. I live in a really big house in Orange County, California. My dad's an Architect and my mom's an interior designer. Perfect combination isn't it. Sadly, I can't say the same about me and my sister. Let me introduce you to her, her name's Juliana. God, even her name is so pretty. She has beautiful platinum blond hair. It looks silver when it shines in the sun. Her body is everyman's dream. Ok, that, I am not going to explain because I'm so going to sound like a girl with a sister complex. EW. Oh and she has these really sparkly grey eyes. She's even the leader of the cheerleading squad. I have every right to be jealous but I'm not. In fact, I admire her, but not to the extend of wanting to be her. She's my sister and I love her.

I groggily got up and felt my feet touch the cold hard wood. I love my room. It's kind of spacious. Everything is white, my bed, the walls, the curtains. Except my study table. I try to have as less furniture as I can. I love the free space.

I went to the bathroom, washed up and took a quick shower. After I had dried myself, I went to my wardrobe. My clothes show no signs of my parents being a millionaire. Rare designer. Nothing bright. Nothing revealing. Nothing like Julie. The only thing that I'm ahead of her is academics. I get straight A's all the time, which gets on Julie's nerves. To make her happy I tried getting a B once but only ended up getting A- , and also got send to the principal's office for my 'sudden decline in academics'. Ugh, give me a break.

Oh please, my life is nothing like that Cinderella shit. My parents don't hate me. Julie, definitely do not hate me......except in school. She told me not to talk to her. Well, she's the perfect girl and I'm the lame one, so I totally understand. I think.

I blew dry my hair and moisturized my whole body with cream. Umm. I smell of vanilla and jasmine. I walked to my wardrobe again and picked out a mid- knee black skirt, a grey cardigan and a white sleeveless shirt to wear inside my cardigan. I put it all on and fetched my black flats. Then I went to the mirror and did my hair. My hair reached a little pass my waist. I did a loose braid and let it hang on one side of my shoulder. Then for the final touch, I took out my large grandma glasses inside my drawer and put them on. I look every bit like a nerd. The glasses were of no use of course, they were just ordinary see through ones. Then why the hell am I wearing it? Because it usually gives out that 'no-nonsense' vibe, which I really like. With that, I grabbed few of my books.

I gave myself a last look. I had my dad's dark brown hair. And my grand mom's brown eyes. Not that I hate them or anything but it's just so boring. Just too ordinary. My skin was creamy, but I think it's more on the pale side. I'm 5'4 and in my school, I'm on the short side. Julie's 5'7, well, she is a cheerleader. So I guess that's reasonable.

I went down to the kitchen. Sally was there making breakfast. Sally's been taking care of us since we were kids. She's like my second mother. My real mom is never at home. So is my dad. It's always just me, Julie and Sally and the maids of course.