Chap 15 "Hailee's Metropolis Family"

Nick's POV
It was Thanksgiving Day and Hailee was setting the table at the Kent Farm. "How many people are joining us?" I asked.
"There's only nine of us," Hailee smiled.
Mrs. Kent placed some video on the table. "Thank you, Mrs. Kent, for having us for Thanksgiving," I smiled.
"Honey, Hailee's family is always welcomed here," Mrs. Kent smiled. "I'm just glad Hailee brought you this time."
"Well, Hailee was here last time because I was in jail," I sighed. "Also, the house we lived in was shot at. I wasn't going to put them at risk knowing the perp was still out on the streets."
"I sent Zara here with Oliver but Nick insisted that I come," Hailee replied.
"I'm home, Mom," Clark walked in.
"Uncle Clark," Zara ran up to him.
"Zara," Clark held her up. "Wow, have you grown since I last seen you?"
"No, silly," Zara smiled.
"I saw you on TV last night," Clark replied as he put her down and got down on his knee. "You did amazing last night. I voted for you."
"It means a lot, Uncle Clark," Zara nodded.
"Hailee, the Luthor's are having a Thanksgiving party tonight and I told them I'd go after dinner," Mrs. Kent replied. "Do you want to go?"
"Mama, I don't think I'll be able to eat anymore after I eat here," Hailee nodded. "But you could go and have fun. Take Papa."
"Papa doesn't wanna go," Mrs. Kent replied. "Could I take Zara? I'm sure she'll want to see Lex and Lana."
"Can I please go?" Zara asked.
"Yeah, just be careful," Hailee nodded. "Call me if you need anything. I can go and pick you up."
"With what car?" Oliver asked.
"You're Aston Martin," Hailee looked at Oliver. "Hey, we only came here in one car from Metropolis. I wanted to bring the other car but you wouldn't let me touch it." We had thanksgiving dinner. Mrs. Kent and Zara left as Mr. Kent went to go do some chores around the house. Clark and Lois headed back to Metropolis with Oliver's girlfriend, Chloe. That just left Hailee, Oliver, and I to clean up the table. Hailee did the dishes as Oliver and I wiped everything down. "The last of the dishes are done."
"So is wiping down the counters and table," I sighed as I put the towel on the counter. My phone rang and I picked up. "Hey Zara."
"Daddy, come quick!" Zara exclaimed. "They're fighting."
"Alright, just tell me what's going on," I replied as I grabbed my sports coat. I signaled Oliver and Hailee. We got into the car and Oliver was driving. "Zara?"
"Grandma!" Zara exclaimed.
The line went dead as we got to the Luthor Mansion. We got out. "Oh my god," I replied as I saw the ambulances. "Zara!"
"Zara!" Hailee called.
We saw Zara walking out the front of the mansion with Mrs. Kent. "Zara," I stated.
"Daddy," Zara replied as I picked her up. "Daddy, it was scary."
"Are you okay?" I asked. Zara nodded and hugged me tight. "You're okay."
"What happened?" Hailee asked.
"One minute everyone was dancing, then all hell broke loose," Mrs. Kent replied.
"Get home safely, Mama," Hailee nodded. "I'm going to take Zara back to Metropolis." We got into the Aston Martin and Oliver drove us to the penthouse in Metropolis. I carried Zara to her room and put her under the covers. I pulled the comforter over her. I met Hailee in the other room and she had already changed. "Is she alright?"
"I think she's still shaken up but she'll be alright," I nodded. I went to the bathroom and changed. I walked back to the room and got in bed. Hailee and I laid down with the lamp on. "Are you sure we don't need another child?"
"Nick, we're almost thirty," Hailee looked at me. "If we wanted another child, we would've had one when Zara was two or three." She sighed. "Look, I just think that it's hard enough not being home with Zara while she was growing up. I don't think we can do that to another one of our kids."
"I know what you're saying," I nodded. "Let's get some sleep." Hailee turned off the light so we can get some sleep. The next morning I woke up to an empty bed. I took a shower and got dressed and walked down to the view of the penthouse. I saw Hailee doing yoga. "Hailee, are you good?" She nodded as she stood up. "I didn't know you did yoga."
"Nick, I did it to calm myself while Zara was asleep when she was born," Hailee sighed. "And to work off the weight that I got when I got pregnant."
"I didn't know that," I nodded. "Wow. That's something else. Where's Zara?"
"With Clark and Oliver at the winter carnival the Daily Planet is having," Hailee replied. Oliver walked in carrying a Zara. "Where's Clark?"
"Mommy, Uncle Clark is Super Man," Zara smiled as Oliver put her down. "I saw him."
"You're seeing things," Hailee nervously chuckled. "Oliver, please tell me that didn't happen."
"It did," Oliver whispered.
"Zara, you just think you saw Uncle Clark," Hailee replied. "Besides, Uncle Clark wears glasses and is pretty clumsy."
"You're right," Zara nodded. "Yeah, Uncle Clark couldn't pull that off."
I saw Super Man land on the balcony. "Uhm, Hailee," I tapped on her and pointed. "We have a visitor."

Hailee looked out at the balcony

Hailee looked out at the balcony. "Super Man," Zara replied in awe.
"Super Man," Hailee stated as we walked outside. "My daughter claims your our own Clark Kent, an average reporter at the Daily Planet."
"I can assure you I am not," Super Man nodded. "Zara, right? You okay?"
"Wait, what happened?" I asked.
"The chandelier almost fell on the group," Oliver sighed. "Zara was standing there in the middle. Super Man saved her from having the chandelier smash her."
"I'm glad Zara's safe," Hailee sighed as she hugged Zara. "Thank you."
"You're welcome," Super Man nodded. "Let me give you a hug before I go." Zara and Super Man hugged. "You guys take care."
"Thank you," I nodded. He flew off. "Who has ever spoke to Super Man till now?"
"Cherish that memory with Super Man," Oliver nodded. "Not very many people get that chance, okay? I want to take you guys home. Get packed. There will be a limo waiting for you."
"Okay," I sighed. "Zara, go and pack." We walked inside and Hailee close the door. "I'll leave you two alone."