Chap 3 "House Shopping Gone Bad"

Nick's POV
"Case closed," I smiled.
"Do you see me like that?" Hailee asked. "As a celebrity instead of who I actually am?"
"I don't believe those stories the press makes up about you," I nodded. "I love you for you."
"You two take the rest of the day," Liv looked at us. "After all, you're going to need all the sleep you can get, Hailee."
"Actually, we need to go shopping," Hailee sighed, "for a house."
"I thought you guys have a house," Liv replied.
"We're looking to move," I sighed. "Come on, Hails, before it gets dark."
"Right," Hailee nodded. We started walking. Hailee kept looking over her shoulder like someone was following us. We saw maybe thirty houses throughout the day and we were looking at the last one. "Nick, I like this one."
"This one?" I asked. "Do you know how much it costs?"

"It's not that much," Hailee replied

"It's not that much," Hailee replied. "We'll make an offer tomorrow." We started walking. "Nick, I didn't want to stay something until I was sure." We stopped at a stoplight crosswalk. "Uhm, do you see that 2006 town car? Don't make it obvious."
"I see it," I looked at Hailee. "What about it?"
"It's been following us since we left the court house earlier today," Hailee sighed. "I got the plates. It could've been my stalker that left me alone for a couple years."
"Come on," I sighed. We went to the precinct and I put my coat around Hailee. "Write down the plates and we can track it." Hailee wrote it down as the squad walked in. "I wish you could've brought this to my attention earlier. Now I gotta deal with your stalker on top of my normal work caseload."
"I guess I'm sorry for being a celebrity. I guess I'm sorry you can't handle this. And I guess I'm sorry that I have to be such a hassle all the time," Hailee stood up. "You said you married me for me. That means taking in me, my stressful schedule, and the fact that I could probably have a thousand different crazy psychotic fans out there." I looked at her. "This stalker, he or she could be the one that broke into our home and hit me in the back of the head, causing me to have a concussion."
"What's going on?" Liv asked.
"Hailee has a stalker problem," I responded.
"It's not that unusual in celebrities," Finn stated. "Just go and catch the perp."
"Here's the license plate," Hailee stated as she put the paper on the table. She grabbed her phone. "I'm leaving."
"Where are you going?" I asked.
"For a walk," Hailee stated as she left.
"You don't make a woman mad when she's pregnant," Amanda replied.
"Thanks for the head up, Rollins," I nodded. "What name pops up for the plates?"
"Gavin Flanders," Amanda looked at her screen.
"Why does that name sound familiar?" I asked out loud.
"It says here that he directed a movie called Santa Claus's Daughter Takes Care of Christmas," Amanda replied. "And Hailee got the role of Santa's daughter. This was about five years ago."
"That's when her stalker stop stalking her," I sighed. "So her director is the stalker. I gotta go get Hailee."
"You're not going without any backup," Liv nodded.
"Nick," I heard Hailee's voice.
"What?" I asked as I turned around. A guy was holding Hailee from the back and he had a knife to her throat. Liv, Amanda, and I pulled our guns and pointed at them. "Let her go."
"Gavin, just do what they say and you won't get hurt," Hailee stated. "Please, just let me go."
"You were supposed to be mine forever," Gavin stated. "But since I can't have you, no one will. I'm going to kill you in front of your husband so he can see the pain he caused me."
With no hesitation I shot the guy in the arm,causing him to drop the knife. I ran over to Hailee and hugged her. "It's alright, baby," I sighed as I put my gun away. She was sobbing into my chest. "It's okay. No one is going to hurt you again."