"Be quiet will you. We are at his birthday party, I do not want them to find out who I am yet." The only way to get out of being Caden's mate is to kill myself and I'm not the desperate. Over the years, I've watched him grow into a strong young man who makes mistakes and learns from them. "Isn't it time for you to join your comrades on the dance floor?" If a female saw him speaking to me, all hell would break lose and the both of us did not need that.

"Fine. You own me a dance after the ball. You hear me?" Nodding, I watch him walk off into the crowed room.

Breathing deeply, I try and catch his intoxicating scent. Receiving a tiny morsel, I sigh with a hint of satisfaction. I've loved his musky scent since the moment I saw him at the age of five. It didn't turn me on of course. A since of sense of security covered me when I would smell it at a young age. Until my sixteenth birthday, I felt no sexual intentions towards him. Now I crave his rough touch.

Do I still have doubts? Oh yes I do. The reason is standing in Caden's solid arms. One of his many mistresses. She believes he will pick her for his mate. After all he is twenty-two today and mate less. If his mate doesn't show up by his twenty-fifth birthday he has the choice of choosing his own female to mate with. Until then, by law he has to wait to mate unless he finds his mate first.

I've given him multiple chances to meet me, leaving love notes on his bed for the past four years is one of them. Knowing he didn't bring his mistresses into his own room, I knew the letters wouldn't be opened by anyone other than him.

Each night I would sneak into the secret tunnels and walk my way towards his bedroom. The master of the tunnels created peep holes and secret entrances to each room. Caden's happened to be over his king size bed. Placing a kiss on the seal, I would toss the letter on his pillow. Praying he would respond to one of them.

For four solid years, I've waited silently for a reply. To my hearts horror, I haven't received one.

Nik has tried to explain it way, saying he never received them or the letters he leaves behind are being stolen.

I know the truth. On the outside he appears to have changed into a strong and caring man. In private he cares not a damn about my feelings. He has received and read several letters, I have no doubt. After the first few months he probably stopped reading them and threw the in the trash.

Over the years I've noticed his type of female, big chest a nice round bottom and the face of a goddess. Not one of those can I claim. It's one more check to the board of reasons I stay away. I'm not the beauty he wants for a mate. He probably plans on keeping his mistresses on the side after he finds me. Who knows if his evil side has dimmed down? And finally no response to the letters.

It all adds up to him wanting to choose his own mate not the one the fates gave him. The kicker will be the day I go into heat. The truth about my status will be the final straw. I'm no princess, far from it actually. A mere servant will not be accepted as a princess and future Queen in our kingdom. Definitely not an ugly servant. Queen are pure perfection, which I am absolutely not.

"Ladies and gentlemen, if I may have your attention." Rang the voice of the one and only King. "It is time for the royal run. First off has the Prince selected his partner for the run?" All eyes turn to Caden and the female in his arms. Nodding his head with a seductive smile, I try to hold in the distress in my heart." Excellent. If the females would please head out to the forest to change, the males will follow behind. The run will begin once Prince Caden and his partner reach the front line. Enjoy!" Ending his speech the females head off to undress in the privacy of the trees.

One stays behind to give Caden a rub down with her hands and a heated kiss. Sending her off with a love tap to her rear, he joins his friends for a chat before its time to leave. Nik being one of them.

Out of the corner of his eye, I notice Nik eyeing me up. He knows what seeing Caden kissing anther female does to me. It's my own hell. Giving me a soft smile he turns his attention back to Caden. Without the females present the male's voices wafted over to my small ears.

"She will be a nice bang tonight Caden. I bet she has a little something planned for you in her bed," Jason smirks while punching Caden in the arm. "This night need to be over. I'm already missing my mate underneath me."

"You know the reason she occupies my bed Jason. Not one of us is thick enough to not see through her lies. Jessica wants a crown on her head in three years." His musical laugh slashes my heart. Is he going to give it to her?

"The only reason she believes that is because you've kept her the longest. Normally your mistresses last a few months, not a year. It's not like I blame you." Raising his eyebrows up and down Jason laughs before walking to the refreshment table to grab a drink.

Catching Nicolai's eyes, I shake my head sadly. I knew it was too good to be true. The search for a servant mate lasted two years until he gave up the fact that no servant would stay hidden from a Prince.

Wiping the lone tear away I force myself to walk away yet again. If he wants a whore as his mate he damn well can. I will not step in his path to have a beautiful woman on his arm and in his bed.

 ___________________________________________________

Authors Note: Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter.

Question of the day: Would Caden actually give Jessica the crown?

Don't forget to show some lovin if you liked this chapter. It makes me smile. :)