Chapter 2: Mason * Chapter 3: Masquerade

Start from the beginning

Walking after her I retrieved the alcohol from her hand and drank it myself. "You mean the plan you won't tell me?" I smirked, dropping onto the antique couch.

"Yes, that plan. You remember the ritual I told you about? The reason I ran from, you know?" She questioned, sitting on the opposing couch with another glass.

"Of course, you've told me a few times. Is that why you are here?"

Katherine nodded, sipping on her alcoholic drink. "I need a werewolf, a vampire, a witch, the doppelgänger, and the moonstone. Everything I need is in this town." She elaborated, taking another drink from her glass.

"So Mason Lockwood is the werewolf? I'll watch him for you, just tell me who else you plan to use. And what happens to me when you lure him back into town?" The questions and demands flew from my mouth, and I was proud at my being the only person that could actually talk to Katherine like I was.

"Yes, Mason is the werewolf and he got me the moonstone. Caroline Forbes is my vampire, my witch will be here in time for the masquerade, Elena is obviously my doppelgänger. When he gets to town, I'll use this to bargain both of our freedoms from him, and if he doesn't accept, I'll kill Elena and he won't break the curse."

I smiled, my positivity overpowering the fact that Caroline is my friend, and if I help in sacrificing Elena my brothers will hate me. "Alright, I'll play the dog walker for your werewolf. But you owe me!" I called as I got up and walked to the door.

Katherine laughed, following after me. "I know, I know. And I'm digging the shirt!" She mocks as we both exit the house, and I lock it behind us. No need for unwanted visitors, this is probably the most expensive property in Mystic Falls and we know Damon would kill someone if they stained his carpet or broke a vase.

"Shut up Kat, I need to go shopping." I hissed, opening the door to my car. Compared to my brothers' antique cars, it was lovely. A pink Mini Cooper, my type of car.

"I still cannot believe you actual bought this instead of compelling it." Kat remarked, running her hand along the hood.

I shrugged. "Well, I did get weird looks for paying 25,000 dollars in cash, so next time I'll compel it." Katherine laughed at my response, she had been there when I purchased the vehicle and practically glared at the overly happy salesman the entire time.

"Alright, have fun. We can shop tomorrow, get some things you can wear that won't permit your brothers finding you in outer space."

I laughed, pulling my sunglasses over my eyes and waving as I pulled out of the driveway.

-

"Hey Damon!" I yelled, stepping out of my car. My older brother looked up and smirked at me, raising an eyebrow at my choice of clothing. He's the one that bought it, I am never trusting their sense of fashion again.

"I love that shirt." He replied sarcastically as I walked up to him, rolling my eyes.

"Have you seen Mason Lockwood?" I questioned, not wanting to waste enough time for something to go wrong. I've broken too many promises with Kat to let anything mess this up. It isn't just her freedom on the line, it's mine too.

"You mean the werewolf? Yes I've seen him, no I'm not telling you. You're close with Katherine, I already know why you're looking."

"You mean, protecting my friend? Yes that's why I'm looking. You'd do the same if it were Elena asking you!" I pointed out. Why did they need to be so against my friendship with Katherine?

"Fine, he's inside."

"Thank you." I sighed, pushing past him to reach the front doors of the Lockwood Mansion. People were everywhere, some I knew and others were strangers, but I caught sight of familiar brownish hair and smiled.