"I'm sorry, what was that?" Rose said as she quickly went for the door. "I can't hear you, maybe you can tell me Monday." She smirked at the teacher and exited through the door.

As Rose and Tara walked through the halls, Tara smacked her friend in the arm. "Ouch! What was that for?" Rose rubbed the arm Tara hit.

"You could've gotten in serious trouble." She explained.

"But I didn't. I was saved by the bell. Plus, she was picking on you, I couldn't let her push my best friend around." Rose stopped at her locker to pull books out. "I'll see you later at the school for lockdown?"

"Yep." Tara nodded her head then headed off to her next class.

Later that day..

"Mom, we have to go in a ten minutes." Tara shouted out to her mother, ready for the school dance lockdown. Her mom didn't respond. "Mom!" She called out once again.

"Calm down Tara." Her mom responded as she entered the living room to see her daughter waiting impatiently. "We need to leave now, the hospital really needs me."

Tara didn't say anything, just picked up her cell phone that was sitting on the table and walked to the car with her mom. She hopped in the passenger, sitting the first few minutes in silence.

"Why does the hospital really need you?" Tara asked her mom.

Her mom didn't take her eyes off the road as she answered her daughter's question. "Just a lot of sick people coming in. Not your common cold kind of case either, this is different."

"Different, how?"

Her eyes remained glued to the road. "When I figure out, I'll let you know." She said calmly and pulled in front of the school. "Have fun, don't cause any trouble with Rose. Call me if you need anything.

"Rose isn't that bad, she's just misunderstood."

Tara's mother laughed at her. "Yeah, I'm sure she is. Just try to stay out of any mischief."

Tara got out of the car, peering her head into the car before heading off inside the school. "I make no promises." She could hear her mom chuckle as she closed the door.

"Tara!" Rose's voice shouted. She could hear it, but couldn't see her. Her eyes looked around, trying to find her tiny red-headed friend in the darkness. "Boo!" Rose came up from behind Tara, making Tara jump.

"I hate you." Tara mumbled as she headed towards the school.

"You love me." Rose wrapped her arms around her friend to hug her. "Ready to head inside?"

Tara nodded her head and they walked inside to see students making their way to the gymnasium. As they walked in, music vibrated throughout the whole gym. Bodies swayed with the music, some grinded up against each other which was quickly stopped by staff of the school. A kid in the corner of gym handed out tablets of LSD.

"Lockdown will be in five minutes." Principal Shepherd announced through a megaphone. "I repeat, lockdown will be in five minutes."

A sneezing girl passed by Rose and Tara. "Watch where you sneeze." Rose sounded annoyed as she made her way further into the gym.

"Rose." Tara's eyes grew wide, looking over at her friend.

Rose's face mirrored with Tara's as she looked at Tara. "What's that on your face?" She asked, worry in her voice.

Tara reached up to touch her face, wiping off a warm substance. "It's fucking blood!" She shouted.

"That bitch sneezed blood on us?" Rose's tone held disbelief. "Lets go wash this off." She pulled on Tara's arm, running out of the gym.