A dream or reality? A game of chess

Sorry for unpublishing so much chapters and greatly altering chapter one, but I started writing this story four years ago and I didn't really think about editing it, but when I re-read everything, I literally cringed throughout the whole story! So now, I'm trying to fix and improve this. Sorry again, and enjoy!

~Author

__________

Chapter 2:

Ciel didn't need any other proves, that was more then enough. The tension raised to such an extreme level in the room now, that you could cut it with an axe. Less unwelcoming than earlier, the Earl ordered:

-Sebastian! Lead Lady-

-Simply Veronica would be fine, she responded, again, smiling.

The Earl blushed. At first, Veronica was confused about that, but then remembered;

Do not refer to another person by their first name in public.

"It'll take some time for me to acknowledge all the delicate details of the Victorian etiquette" decided Veronica.

-Sebastian, lead Lady-umm Veronica to her room, he continued.

-Very well, My Lord.

Leading her through the obscure hallways of the mansion, an awkward silence took place between Veronica and Sebastian. 

-It appears you know who I really am, he said, more to state a fact then to ask a question. This time, he added emotion to his voice, unlike the previous time he spoke to her. 

For a quick moment, Sebastian's eyes turned magenta, but then went back to normal. The two continued their way to Veronica's room. The teenager understood she'll have lots of answers to give. A few minutes later, Sebastian gallantly opened a door, gesturing Veronica that they arrived to destination. The moment Veronica entered the room, she heard the door being hastily and almost inaudibly closed, as well as the lock make a sound, as if someone used it. Great. Her hopes of exploring this astonishing estate got shattered into little pieces. Sure, Veronica was confused, frightened even: she did end up in a different dimension as well as different time period. Apart the numerous books she read about the Victorian Era, Veronica didn't have much knowledge on this Era. It was far from being the first time in her life that her burning passion for learning and books helped her out in uneasy situations. Veronica is a very studious girl that is devoted to schoolwork, she dreams big and is well known and admired for being ambitious.

Veronica scrutinized the place she was probably going to spend most of her time in, thanks to Sebastian's, or perhaps the Earl's over the dose carefulness. It reminded Veronica of Ciel's room; The room was spacious, but simple.  The furnishing  of the area was consisted of a large canopy bed, with blue and a slight touch of golden curtains, as well a low bed side table. The walls were of a pastel blue, and in some places was peaking the design of fleur-de-lis, surrounded by golden frames, and a huge window was curved in one of the walls. The room was well put together, but the lack of creativity disappointed Veronica; it was the exact replica of Ciel's room, according to the anime. There was nothing interesting for Veronica to occupy herself with, so she installed comfortably on the bed, and started processing all the new information she got. First of, she was in the Black Butler Dimension, and was bewildered and startled, but also excited and joyful. She always felt like she didn't belong where she was, somewhat unbalanced. Plus, Veronica doesn't have anything to lose; her father disappeared shortly after her birth, and her mother perished to a disease, leaving Veronica to her aunt, a despicable human being. No chances of her being a human were thin; she was more like embodiment of Satan itself; strict and cruel. She didn't have any friends at school, for who knows what reason, and this new world was promising to be entertaining. She had been sitting on her bed for a few hours now, when she picked up a faint knock, and she hastily stood up as the door opened and a tall, dark shape drew itself at the entry of the room.