Under the Mistletoe

Castiel

I slipped my hands over the paper to smooth out the creases and tape, concentration covering my face as i folded in the flaps and taped them down.

I smiled slightly and leaned back into my chair, proud of my work being that it was the first time I've ever wrapped something. I grabbed a sharpie and addressed it to the owner, hoping he enjoyed the gift as much as i did.

I stood up with a heavy sigh and picked up the gift, walked around the table, and placed it under the tree across the room. I bent over and tucked it in far behind the others, wanting it to be the last one he'd receive.

"Hey, whatcha doing?" I turned my head and saw Dean with a laptop in his arms, his eyes glancing behind me with a smirk. "Your not trying to see what we got you now eh?" He added with a small chuckle.

I shook my head and followed as he sat down at the table, his hands gliding over the laptop to open it. "No, just adding to the pile." I pulled out a chair and sat down with a hum.

"How'd you buy it?" He asked as he typed along the keyboard and focused on the task in hand. "I didn't, i made it." I hunched over and rested my head on my hands, my fingers pressing into my cheeks lightly. "Oh," He looked up from the computer, "Thanks.."

I nodded before turning my head to see Sam walk in with a bucket of Christmas items, a thin smile on his face. "I found some Christmas things, we should decorate." He said, setting the things down right in front of us.

"Why bother, Christmas is over anyway." Dean grunted, his eyes only glancing at the shinny objects before he turned them back to the screen. "Oh come on," Sam shut the laptop, "Have a little Christmas spirit you Scrooge." Dean groaned in response.

_______________

I held my arms high above my head, hanging the lights to the ceiling with small grunts here and there. "Plug the lights in." I shouted as i clipped it to the hooks that ran along the ceiling and around the library. "Lights in." Sam shouted back soon after.

The room suddenly lit up with reds and yellows and blues, the color very pleasing to the eye.

I climbed down from the ladder and noticed Dean was snooping inside the tree. "Hey, no peeking till later!" I grimaced as he groaned and stuck his head up with narrowed eyes. "Oh come on," He pouted, "Christmas was yesterday and i wanna open my damn present!"

I looked over to Sam for an answer and noticed him sigh, his head tossed back. "Fine, go ahead." He waved his hand and Dean was shooting back down under the tree, pulling out the presents one by one.

"Catch," I turned and was caught off guard as a present was tossed at me. "Thats from us." He smiled slightly before grabbing another and throwing it to the table with ease; it was mine.

"I uh, wasn't sure if you guys like things like this but i uh made it anyway. I understand if you don't wear them-or use them." I mumbled as i walked over to start unwrapping the present.

"Don't worry Cas," Dean said as he tore the paper off happily, "Im sure it'll be fine." He shook the box, the top sliding off slowly until it dropped down to the table, revealing a jacket and a tiny black box.

Dean raised his brows at the box and i gulped with anticipation. What if he didn't like it? I wondered as Sam and i both stopped opening our own presents to watch him instead.

He picked it up and turned it over repeatably before opening it with a short in breath. "Fuck- look Cas i appreciate the thought but--" He set the open box down and blushed slightly as the silver ring shined from the christmas lights. "Dude he's not preposing." Sam laughed slightly as he raised his hand, showing the ring that i gave him a fee days earlier. "I- What?" Dean blushed harder and i suddenly became flustered. "You thought it was a wedding ring?" I questioned to Dean, his eyes looking down at the box as he nodded. 

He was silent, but reluctantly took it out of the box and slipped it on, his lips tugging into a small nervous smile. "T-Thanks."

"Its pure silver, i thought it could help when with werewolves or ghosts." I explained as Dean put the box back into the other box, not even bothering to look at the jacket i got him. "I can see that now.." He replied shyly.

I turned my head at the wrinkling of paper and saw Sam awkwardly opening his present to reveal a shirt and a flask. "Thanks, Cas." He grinned slightly and ran his hands across the material with tired eyes.

I looked down my present and sighed as i peeled away the newspaper, placing it next to me until i saw light brown. I furred my brows together and quickly ripped away the rest to show a neatly folded trench coat and a leather jacket. "Dean picked the trench, and i picked the leather- do you like it?" Sam asked as i ran my hands across it with a smile. "Yeah, i do, thank you."

I picked both up and started to walk away to my room to put them away. "Merry Christmas." I shouted before leaving the room in a flash.

I appeared in front of my own room and smiled when i saw Dean running down to halls to me. "I didn't think you'd flash over here," He said once he caught up to me with heavy breaths, "Its only a five second walk from the library you know." He pointed out.

I laughed softy and looked down at the things in hand. "Thanks again for the ring, its really nice." He said softy, his arms crossing as he spoke. "Thank you for the clothes, i appreciate it." I repeated back, leaving an awkward silence between us.

"Im going to put these away now." I leaned in as i smiled, my balance on my heels. "Y-Yeah go ahead." Dean took a step back and i opened the door and entered with small hums.

I set the clothes on the bed and turned sound to see Dean with a green plant above his head and a thick smirk on his face. "Sam dared me." Was all he said as i shook my head and walked back over to him.

"What, am i suppose to kiss you now?" I teased slightly as he shrugged and lowered slightly. "Thats the plan."

I rolled my eyes and leaned into his lips, kissing him slowly with my hands firmly against my sides. He pulled away and i smiled when i saw him dazed and fluttery.

"Merry Christmas, Dean"