-5-

**a few weeks later**

"Erin..." Holtz muttered. Her eyes were closed and she leaned her head up just a bit. The brunette's slim fingers were tracing the skin of Holtzmann's stomach underneath her shirt. They moved up to her small breasts and gave them a soft squeeze, earning a soft moan from the blonde. Erin smirked against Holtzmann's neck before softly biting the warm, vulnerable skin underneath her lips, leaving a slightly red mark.

"E-- Erin... be careful..."

"Hush, Jillybean... let me do my work..."

Holtz felt one of Erin's hands quickly moving down and in her pants. She gasped and opened her eyes. "Erin... n-- nobody has ever done this to me..."

"Just close your eyes again and enjoy."

Erin winked at her before Holtz did as she was told and closed her eyes.

"Wake up nerd!"

Holtzmann woke up to a pillow being thrown to her head. She looked at her sister, who was standing in the doorway of Holtz's bedroom. "Fuck off Kate!!" she shouted as a response, sounding rather angry. "Mom wants you to come downstairs. Erin came over."

Once Kate had left the room, Holtzmann let out a deep sigh as she got out of bed. She got dressed and wanted to head downstairs, but bumped into Erin when she wanted to leave her room. "Hi Jill..." Erin said. "I-- I think we need to talk..."

"Talk..? About what..?"

"Holtz... please just listen to me..."

Erin sat down on the edge of Holtzmann's bed, Holtzmann joining her. "I-- my friends... they figured out that I'm in a relationship with you..."

Holtz bit her lip. "I--"

"I-- I think we should break up..."

Holtzmann looked at Erin in disbelief, a saddened look in her eyes. "W-- what..?"

"I'm sorry, Jill... I-- I just don't wanna risk getting picked on..."

Holtzmann took a deep breath, hoping to prevent herself from crying, but it didn't really help. She felt a tear roll down her cheek. "N-- no... I-- I understand..."

Erin looked down, and so did Holtzmann. There was a silence between them for about ten seconds, but to them, it felt like hours. Finally, Erin was the one to break the painful silence between them. "I-- I should go home..." she said, to which Holtz never answered with anything, other than a short nod. She didn't even look up until she heard Erin close the front door. She pulled her knees up to her chin and let out soft sobs. She had never felt this broken before... her and Erin had only been together for about a month and a half, but Holtzmann had always felt like they belonged together...

"Come on, Jillian..." she muttered to herself, "you're strong... you'll be fine without her..."

~

When the Christmas holidays were over, Holtzmann felt a lot better again. She arrived at school and went to her first class. She sat down at her desk and after a while Erin entered the classroom as well. Holtzmann's smile quickly turned upside-down, though. Erin turned to face a tall boy with black hair. Her chin was being tilted up and the boy leaned down to kiss her. Holtzmann bit her lip and looked down at her textbook. Her vision soon became blurry but she kept on staring at her book.

Erin took her usual spot in front of Holtzmann and she sat down, not looking at the blonde once. "E-- Erin... I'd rather have you pick on me than you just ignoring me all the time..." Holtzmann finally dared to whisper to her after nearly twenty minutes. Erin turned around and looked at her. "I-- I'm sorry, Jilly... it's just-- this is really hard for me, too..."

"Apparently it's not that hard..."

Erin frowned. "Holtz, what the hell do you mean?"

"I saw you kiss that Ron-dude today. Apparently you've already moved on," Holtz hissed.

"Like I had a choice," Erin hissed back.

"You did, though..!"

Erin turned her back to Holtzmann again and continued her schoolwork. Holtzmann frowned, slightly annoyed. "Erin..!" she said softly, but the brunette was ignoring her again. Holtz wasn't planning on just giving up like that however. "You could've just told them the truth..! Having a gay relationship isn't that bad... I'm sure they would have understood..."

"You don't know my friends."

Holtzmann sighed and laid her head down on her desk. "I-- I do still love you... Erin..."

She felt a soft, small hand stroke her cheek. "Hey, Jillian..." Erin said, to which Holtz looked up. "I still love you, too... but I had no other choice... please try to understand that-"

"Get back to work, ladies."

"Yes miss Wiig." Erin and Holtzmann said and Erin turned back again. Holtzmann softly groaned once before focussing on her textbook again.

She'd never be able to fully let Erin go... this would be a hard year for her from now on...