-4-

Holtzmann took her bag before leaving the classroom. As promised, Erin was already waiting for her. "Jillian!" she said happily when she spotted the blonde.

"Erin..."

Holtz smiled a small smile. "Wanna hang out? We can go to my place..." Erin said, to which Holtzmann nodded. "Yeah... that sounds fun..." she answered. She wanted some time alone with Erin. Talk about the way she felt about her.

They were both rather quiet on their way to Erin's. Holtz's hair was down and she was wearing the outfit Erin gave her. Suddenly, she felt Erin take her hand, making Holtzmann look at her. Erin was blushing slightly while looking away. Holtz smiled and looked down at her feet as they continued walking.

Not long after, they reached Erin's place. "Do you want something to drink?" Erin's mother immediately asked the two. Erin nodded. "We'll have some tea. Uh... we'll be in my room," she said as she led Jillian up a big staircase.

She recognised the brunette's room from the party. Erin sat down on her bed and told Jill to sit down next to her. "Holtz... we have to settle this..." she then said. Jillian looked at her. "Settle what..?" she asked, rather confused, to which Erin sighed.

"Us... what we are..."

Jillian looked down at her hands, which were resting in her lap. "I like you... I really do... but I don't think we can be together..." Erin started, "-I mean, my friends will probably not want to be friends anymore... and-- and my parents are incredibly religious... they wouldn't understand..."

Jillian closed her eyes once she felt her eyes get watery. "I-- I see..." she managed to get out. "I'm really glad I got to know you, though... you changed a lot about me... you make me feel so happy..."

Erin sighed again. "There's something that still bothers me, though..." she said, to which Holtzmann looked up at her, waiting for an explanation. She saw how a smirk formed on Erin's perfect face.

"We didn't get the chance to finish what we started earlier today..."

And with that Jillian felt Erin's soft lips press against hers. They wouldn't be together, but enjoying this kiss wasn't wrong, right..?

"H-- hey, Erin... we-- we could maybe, you know... be together in secret... like just sneak around..."

Erin looked at Jillian. They could... but what if they'd get caught..? "We won't get caught..." Jillian said, as if she'd heard Erin's thoughts. Erin couldn't help but lean forward and pull Jillian in a deep kiss again.

Erin had been looking at Jillian for a while that one day before Jill noticed her. She'd always wondered who that blonde girl was in the back of the classroom, and what was going through her head. There was something mysterious about her, something that made Erin feel strange...

Erin still had a boyfriend. She'd have to break up with him, but she'd have to come up with an incredibly clever excuse... she couldn't just tell him she had feelings for a girl...

Jillian was the one to break their kiss. "I-- I really think you're an amazing person, Erin..." she whispered, which made the brunette smile. "What's it that you see in a girl like me..." Holtzy asked with a soft voice.

"I-- I don't even know... maybe-- maybe it's faith... maybe we were meant to be together..."

"Maybe we were..."

Erin sighed and smiled slightly. "I'm glad we figured out how things are between us..." she said. Holtz nodded and looked down again.

"Me too..."

Holtzmann got a doubting look from the brunette next to her. "Really? You don't sound glad..." Holtzmann shook her head. "No-- I mean, I am. Of course I am," she said with a forced smile. This didn't feel right. Erin was her friend, maybe even her best friend...

Jillian didn't have the heart to tell Erin their relationship didn't feel right to her. Either that, or she just didn't have the guts. She was scared she'd hurt Erin; she was all Jillian had...

"Erin..."

Her fingers moved to Erin's lips. They were soft and warm, even though they were rather thin. Holtz leaned in and she felt how her own lips touched Erin's again. Holtzmann let out an almost silent groan. Erin's kisses were like a drug; she was already addicted after three times...

"I-- I'm going... mom is probably getting worried..."

Erin smiled slightly. "Sure.. I'll see you in school tomorrow."

After a last quick kiss Holtzmann gathered her stuff and headed home.