-2-

"Hey Holtzmann."

"Erin."

Erin smiled as she let Holtzmann in, who looked around in disbelief. "You live here?!" the girl said. Erin nodded. "Yeah..."

Holtzmann listened closely to a muffled sound coming from the living room. It was- the Ghostbusters theme song? "Oh, sorry. I uh- I was watching Ghostbusters and forgot to turn it off before you got here," Erin explained once she saw the expression on Holtz's face. "Oh, really? Do- do you like it?" Holtzmann asked. Erin nodded. "Yeah," she said, to which Holtzmann gave a small smile and a muffled "cool."

~

"Okay. So, maybe if you start wearing more... casual clothing, they'll already pick on you less. So-" Erin said as she took Holtzmann's glasses off her head and put them on her cabinet, "-you go ahead and pick something out of my closet. I think we have about the same size."

Holtzmann went through Erin's closet and she eventually pulled a pair of skinny jeans and a red and black flannel out. She looked at Erin who immediately unclipped the straps of the blonde's dungarees. "C'mon, try it on," she said. Holtzmann frowned. "I will if you'll give me some privacy," she muttered. Erin looked at her for a short moment, confused, before nodding shortly and walking out of her own bedroom.

Holtz sighed. She undressed and then she put on Erin's clothes. Holtzmann looked at herself in the mirror. Geez... this was very different from what she usually wore... she pulled the rubber band out of her hair, making her blonde curls drop to the middle of her back. She let out a sigh.

"Look at yourself... you're just like them, now..." she softly muttered to herself. She sighed again before taking a deep breath, walking towards the door and opening it. Erin saw her and let out an excited squeal.

"Oh my God..! You're so pretty now!!"

Holtz blushed and she looked away, to which Erin chuckled. "Awh, you're blushing. That's so cute," she said, grinning, before dragging the blonde towards the bathroom. "Wh- what're you gonna do with me..?!" Holtzmann asked, sounding slightly scared. "Your make-up, silly!" Erin responded. Holtz frowned slightly as she was demanded  by Erin to sit on the toilet, which was closed. She didn't know how to feel about the fact that Erin treated her like they'd been best friends for years.

"Eyes closed!"

Holtz did as Erin asked. She felt a soft brush tickle on her upper eyelids. She tried very hard not to move. The tickling stopped. "Can I open my eyes yet..?" Holtz asked, to which Erin responded with: "not yet, I'm almost done." Suddenly, a cold, wet trail ran just above her eyelashes. "Aah!! Erin, what the hell?!"

"Eyeliner, Holtzmann. Calm down."

"Warn me next time..!"

Erin chuckled. "Alright, alright. I'm sorry," she said. The wet, cold trail also appeared on Holtzmann's other eyelid, after which Erin said she could open her eyes again. Holtzmann did, and she saw that Erin was holding a tube of mascara. "It's the last thing I gotta do to your eyes, Holtzy. I promise," she said when she saw Holtzmann look at her, rather annoyed. She sighed and gave Erin a short nod.

~

**3 weeks later**

Holtzmann had been close to Erin for the entire night now. Erin had invited her to stay for the party she was having. "You enjoying yourself..?" Erin suddenly asked, to which Holtzmann smiled and nodded. "Yeah, it's nice..." she softly answered. She looked at the bottle she was holding. It was empty... she sighed.

"Hey, Holtz, is it empty?"

"Yeah, why..?"

Erin smirked. "Wanna play Spin The Bottle?" she asked. Holtz shrugged. "Sure, why not," she said as she smirked back.

After a while, it was Erin's turn. Holtzmann had spun the bottle three times and she had to kiss a boy named Jason two times already, and a guy named Kevin once. Erin smiled as she gave the bottle a powerful spin. It stopped pointing at...

Crap.

Holtz looked at Erin nervously. "C'mon Holtzy... it's no big deal," she said. She looked back at her, before putting one of her hands on the back of Holtz's head and pulling her lips against her own. Holtzmann put her own hand on Erin's cheek, doubtingly. Her lips started moving against the brunette's and she felt her cheeks burn and her heartbeat increased. She heard Erin's friends clap and yell 'whoo'. Erin was the first to pull back. She was softly biting her lip and she winked at Holtzmann. "See? No big deal."

"Y- yeah, no big deal at all."

For the rest of the night they'd been talking and playing the game. It was about 3:00 a.m. when Holtzmann noticed Erin leaning on the kitchen counter. It was clear she had had a few too many drinks. "Erin..?" Holtz started, "I- I think I really have to go home..."

"Awwh... aren't you gonna stay with me?"

Erin was looking at Holtzmann, her eyes narrowed and making smooching lips. Holtz sighed. "Erin, I really can't..." she said, to which Erin groaned and let her head fall on the kitchen counter. "Boooo!!"

"Uh... yeah. So I'll see you at school on monday. Again, thanks for having me over today."

Holtz walked over to Erin and patted her back friendly before leaving. Holtzmann's home was only a few blocks away from Erin's, so she felt safe walking home even though it was dark outside already. She sighed again, thinking about that day. Erin kissed her... and she didn't even hold back..? Holtzmann looked up at the bright night sky. She had never seen this many stars before. She wished Erin was next to her, so they could look at the stars together, and hold each other's hands...

Holtz shook her head. No, she wasn't gay. She wasn't gay and she didn't feel anything but friendship for Erin.

"Mom, I'm home," Holtz said once she was home, before realising her mother was probably already asleep. She sighed and she took off her coat. Crap. Her own clothing and glasses were still at Erin's place... she looked for her phone and she sent Erin a text.

From: Holtz✌️

Hey Erin, I just got home and realised I forgot my clothes at your place, can I come over to pick them up tomorrow? x Holtzmann

Send. She walked upstairs to her room, where she undressed. She put Erin's clothes on her chair and she removed the layers of make-up from her face, before letting herself fall down on her bed. She pulled the blankets up to her chin and she fell asleep in no time.