French Toast

Emory Anderson's POV

I woke up to the feeling of someone caressing my cheek. Their hand felt huge and was freezing cold. I scrunched my eyebrows. "Danny, why are you touching my face?" I groaned out in annoyance, swatting his hand away from me. I heard a deep grunt in response.

I sighed and unwantingly fluttered my eyes open. But I was not met with Danny's bright green eyes. Instead I looked up at a random man standing over me. My heart dropped.

I have no idea what happened last night. Did I cheat on Danny? We were at the club together, how could I do this? No, this can't be. No matter how drunk I get I don't think I would have it in me to sleep with someone other than Danny, no matter how much of an asshole he is. I immediately sat up and winced in pain. My head and body hurt.

"Are you okay?" the man rushed out. He advanced forward and cupped my face in his hands. I shoved him away, no matter how comforting his hands felt against me.

"What happened last night? Please don't tell me we..." I trailed off, not letting the word escape my lips. Please don't tell me we had sex last night.

His eyes widened in realization,"oh, no! No, no, no we didn't. You were uh- you were really drunk so I offered to give you a ride home. And when you couldn't remember where you lived I brought you here instead of leaving you on the street," he flawlessly explained.

I was relieved,  but terribly embarrassed. I don't remember drinking too much, then again that's probably why I don't remember. Why would Danny leave me? That selfish prick!

"Gosh, I'm so so sorry," I whispered, covering my face with my hands. "I'm an idiot. I should go-"

"No!" He yelled, scaring the crap out of me. "I mean, the least I can do is make you some breakfast.."

"You've already done enough," I gave him a small smile. He's so nice. And hot. I sighed at the thought,"I should really get home, my boyfriend is probably worried." The small mention of Danny made me want to roll my eyes. I bet he's still sleeping without a care in the world.

"I also have this," he handed me my phone.

I turned it on and saw I had one missed call. From my fucking mother. Why must Danny be so inconsiderate?

"Are you sure you don't want to stay for breakfast? I make some mean french toast."

Screw you, Danny. "On second thought, I am pretty hungry," I slid my phone into my pocket and jumped off the bed.

"I'm Emory by the way," I said as he led me down a long staircase and into a huge kitchen.

"Emory," he whispered, making a small shiver run through my spine,"I'm Caleb. The kitchen is this way, Emory."

Damn, he says my name so sexy. I bit my lip and followed him down the hall and down a long staircase to the kitchen. This house is huge, he must have a big family. I felt a pang in my chest at the thought of Caleb having a wife and children. What the hell is wrong with me?

I took a seat on one of the stools by the kitchen counter, watching as Caleb got out the ingredients.

"So..." I mumble starting to make conversation,"where's the rest of your family?"

He chuckled, turning around and raising an eyebrow at me,"I don't have a family, what makes you think I do?"

My eyes widened in shock and also a small bit of relief filled me. "You live in this huge house all by yourself?"