Chapter Fifteen- Unedited

Jase entered the kitchen about 30 minutes later, I swallowed back the growl that wanted to escape me. I was on my 5th popsicle. I was feeling hot, and plus I loved popsicles, sue me.

Jase came and stood in front of me, and concern immediately overtook his features. He tried to put his hands on my cheeks, I slapped his hands away, I didn’t want him touching me.

“Kayden you have a fever” he told me, I let him feel my cheeks, his hands were cold, I closed my eyes and pressed his hands to my cheeks, holding them in place. Jase pulled on of his hands away and I immediately heated back up, it wasn’t like being in heat hot. It was like I felt like shit and I had a high temperature.

He pressed his free hand on my forehead and his eyes held conflict.

“its time for your appointment, I would prefer if you put another shirt on” he told me.

“Maybe I don’t want to put another shirt on” I retorted. He sighed looking at me with a disapproving look, I stuck my tongue out at him. I slid off the counter into him, my body rubbing against his, I pretended not to notice his eyes go black, or his friend poking in my side.

I shoved past him and went to his room, and went to my drawer and pulled my favorite blue shirt with the cookie monster on the back and on the front in white letters says ‘if I have 10 cookies and Mary takes 3, How many do I have left? 10 and a dead hoe’. My shirt and I have a special bond, I've worn this shirt to countless parties and gotten suspended countless times for wearing it, but I never stopped wearing it.

‘Amazing how you show more loyalty to a shirt then our mate’ I heard the annoying voice In the back of my head say.

‘Ha, cute. You have a sense of humor. Fucking great. One more thing to look forward to aside from hearing in that annoying voice in the back of my head.’ I said back sarcastically

‘Its true though’ she said, I really hated her confidence. She was really a bitch.

‘Your right my shirt isn’t a dick and it doesn’t require me to fuck it to be loyal to me’, I retorted, and then blocked her out. I pulled on my black basketball shorts and my light grey and white adidas. Most girls go for clothes. Clothes are okay. I go for shoes. Jordan’s, Nikes, adidas, all the sports name brands I had a lot of shoes back at home.

Jase showed up in the closet just as I grabbed my old grey and black letterman, I was cold. Which is weird because I was hot not 5 minutes ago but I'm cold now, so whatever.

“Come on love” he said motioning for me to go to the doorway. I knew I wasn’t getting out of this one but I sure as hell could try.

“I don’t want to go” I told him stubbornly crossing my arms over my chest.

He sighed “I'll buy you pizza” he told me.

“promise?” I asked.

“Promise” he promised.

He held his hand out and I stared at it for a minute, and walked past him to the room, he was sleeping on the couch tonight.

“Where did the asshole and Jordan go?” I asked.

“they left, Jordan was just about to go insane from your distress and Mike went with him.” He told me, he looked generally hurt, good. Despite his hard alpha shell he got his feelings hurt easily.

He lead me to his truck and we went to where ever he was taking me. When I got there he went in automatically. His eyes had turned black and I didn’t know why, but something in him had changed, just the air around his had changed to something deadly instead of his usual self.