Chapter eight: The Volturi

No One's POV

The Cullens and Bella stood in front of the fire as The Volturi guard approached them. They came to a stop then took off their hoods, looking at the family in front of them.

Jasper held Evangelina close to him as they stood by their family.

"Impressive. I've never seen a coven escape an assault at this magnitude, intact." Jane says.

"Well, we were lucky." Carlisle says.

"I doubt that." Jane says.

"It appears we've missed an entertaining fight." Alec says.

"Yes. It's not often we're referred unnecessary." Jane says.

"If you'd have arrived a half hour ago, you'd have fulfilled your purpose." Edward says, keeping Bella close to him.

"Pity. You missed one." Jane says.

All eyes go to the newborn. All look down, nervous. Jasper and Evangelina walk over to her and stand by her.

"We offered her asylum in exchange for her surrender." Carlisle says.

"That wasn't yours to offer." Jane says.

The newborn looked around, scared.

"Why did you come?!" Jane asks.

The newborn didn't answer then falls to the ground, screaming in agonizing pain.

"Who created you?" Jane asks.

The newborn just screams in pain. The Cullens tried to not act on the poor girl suffering the wrath of Jane.

"You don't need to do that, she'll tell you anything you wanna know." Esme says.

"I know." Jane says as she releases her gift from the newborn.

"I-I don't know! Riley wouldn't tell us! He said our thoughts weren't safe!" The newborn says.

"Her name was Victoria. Perhaps you knew her." Edward says.

"Edward, if The Volturi had knowledge of Victoria, they would have put a stop to her. Isn't that right, Jane?" Carlisle asks.

Jasper uses his gift to make Jane tell the truth.

"Of course. Felix." Jane says.

Felix turns to Jane then starts walking towards the newborn.

"She didn't know what she was doing!" Esme says.

Jane stops Felix from going any farther.

"We'll take responsibility for her." Esme adds.

"Give her a chance." Carlisle says.

"The Volturi don't give second chances." Jane says then directs her attention to Bella and Edward.

"Keep that in mind. Caius will be interested in knowing she's still human." Jane says.

"The date is set." Bella says.

"Take care of that, Felix... I'd like to go home." Jane says.

Felix then goes to kill the newborn when a new voice was heard.

"Wait!"

Jane looks around and her eyes land on the other newborn.

"And who might you be?" Jane asks.

Everyone tenses. Jasper's arms wrap around Evangelina.

Dammit, Evangelina. I love you but couldn't you have just not said anything? Is what was running in most of the Cullen's heads.

Bella's thoughts
Oh no... I hope they don't hurt Lina.

Esme's thoughts
I swear if they even think about hurting Evangelina...

Carlisle's thoughts
If they even try to hurt my daughter, I'm going to have to kill them.

Edward's thoughts
If they even think about touching my sister, I will rip their heads off.

"My name is Evangelina. Evangelina Cullen. Originally Evangelina Swan, but... some issues came up so I became Evangelina Cullen." Evangelina says.

"You're a newborn." Jane concludes.

"Yes. I'm gifted... and also a hybrid..." Evangelina says.

"A hybrid?" Jane asks, ready to run and inform Aro.

"Yes. I was dying of cancer... Carlisle turned me... but a very dear friend of mine, Damon Salvatore, fed me the blood of Klaus Mikaelson when I died... and I was automatically turned into his type... but the venom made me your type as well. I also woke up later than the average vampire. Carlisle thinks it's because I'm half cold one and half nightwalker. But it's showing that the nightwalker vampire is stronger than the cold one type. I have a werewolf as well but the only way to trigger it is to kill a human. That won't happen." Evangelina says.

"Interesting. But The Volturi will wonder if you're a threat." Jane says.

"Im no threat to The Volturi... I can show you... if you let me." Evangelina says.

Jane hesitates then eventually nods and Evangelina goes to go to her but Jasper's grip tightens, making Evangelina turn to him.

"It's okay. She won't hurt me... she can't hurt me." Evangelina says.

She kisses Jasper then goes over to The Volturi guard. She extends her hand to Jane. Jane hesitantly takes it then Evangelina transformation runs through her head. She pulls back with a gasp.

Jane almost felt sorry for the newborn that stood in front of her. But she remained emotionless.

"I'm obligated to inform Aro. So don't be surprised if you get a visit or a letter. He'll want to see her." Jane says.

"Understood... now... all of you will forget about the newborn you saw with us and you only remember the small confrontation about Bella's humanity and myself being a newborn and a hybrid." Evangelina says, using her compulsion on the four Volturi members.

As Evangelina's eyes were dilating, The Volturi guards eyes were locked on hers then she pulls away and masks the newborn girls scent.

"Hope to see you again, Evangelina." Jane says with a smile.

Evangelina returns it with a nod and then The Volturi sped off. She then turns to her shocked family. She goes to the newborn.

"What's your name?" Evangelina asks.

"Br-Bree. Bree Tanner." The girl says.

"Okay, Bree. I have some friends in Virginia that are gonna hep you, okay? Their names are Stefan and Damon Salvatore. Tell them Evangelina Cullen sent you. They'll know what to do. Okay? You'll be safe the whole way there." Evangelina tells Bree.

Bree nods then hugs Evangelina, who hugs back.

"Thank you." Bree says.

"You're welcome. Now, go. Run all the way there. I masked your scent. No vampires will find you." Evangelina says.

She nods then runs off.

"What just happened?" Emmett asks as Evangelina turns back to her amazed family.

"Evangelina just saved our asses is what just happened." Rosalie says.

Everyone nods then Evangelina smirks and leads her family home.