0.2

gif of sienna above

A S P E N R O S E

"Aspen, get up! You don't want to be late for your first day back!" Christian yells through my door.

"I'm up, I'm up," I groan as I get up. I go to my window and pull apart the curtains to let the morning sun in and then make my bed. Just because I live on the upper east side, doesn't mean I don't know how to do things for myself. Making my bed is such a struggle, since its a king bed and it's super tall. That's saying something since I'm 5'10", yeah I realize I'm a tall girl, blame my father.

I hopped in the shower and got out five minutes later making sure I had enough time to spare for hair and makeup. I grabbed a white button up blouse, a plaid skirt, a grey sleeveless cardigan and some grey knee high boots. I grabbed my tie and put it around my neck loosely, letting it hang. I curled my hair into soft waves and then did light makeup. I rushed downstairs grabbing a granola bar, then kissing my parents on the cheek saying a quick bye and rushing to my car with Christian in tow.

"So are you excited? Your first day of sophomore year?" I ask.

"Eh, whatever. Are you excited?" He asks.

"Eh, whatever," I mock and we both laugh.

"I'm really glad your back Pen," He smiles, gosh I've missed my little brother.

"I'm glad I'm back too." Christian and I get out together, but walk our separate ways. Him to his friends, and me to mine. "Hey guys."

"Hey, A!" Sienna chirps as she hands out invitations. "Oh, here you go!"

"What's this?" I ask.

"You don't remember our tradition?" She asks.

"OH! The back to school party! Of course! How could I forget," I shout as it comes to mind.

"Duh! Well I guess that's what being away for nine months does to you," She says as she bitterly laughs. "Hey sweetie!"

"Hey beautiful," Grayson says kissing Sienna as I stand there awkwardly looking down at the ground. "Hey, Aspen." He says as he clears his throat.

"Hey--" I start, but the bell rings, "I gotta get to class." And then, I speed walked the hell out of there.

"Aspen! Aspen, wait up!" Cole calls, but I just keep walking. He finally catches up and grabs my arm, "Can we talk?"

"Not right now, I have class," I tell him as I look at the ground.

"Hey, hey, look at me," He says and put his hand on my cheek and lifts my head, but I still keep my eyes glued to the floor. "Look at me."

"Look, I'm gonna be late for class, I'll see you later," I tell him quietly and walk away from him.

-
"Good morning, everybody!" Professor Hodgins says. "I trust you all had a good vacation, but unfortunately the vacation days are over and we are back here. Now to start off your first day I am going to hand you this year's syllabus for the class and I expect you all to get it signed and returned to me tomorrow, for the rest of the class period you may quietly chat amongst yourselves."

"So A, you happy we're finally seniors?!" Jas squeals.

"Hell yeah! Finally! We rule this school," I smirk.

"A-men," She responds and we aimlessly chat until class is over. "See you at lunch A."

"See you later J," I wave at her and walk to my second period.

-

Lunch rolled around fairly quickly, a little too quickly. I went inside the cafeteria and went to the lunch line to pick up a water bottle and a parfait, and walked to my regular table sitting in my normal spot in between Sienna and Blake.

"Hey guys," I chirp as I mixed my parfait together.

"Ugh, A, how can you stand cafeteria food?" Sienna asks.

"It's a parfait, which is actually pretty good, and healthy so chill fam," I told her letting my California slang show.

"Whatever," She responded and rolled her eyes at me and I playfully shoved her in response.

"Don't roll your eyes at me missy!" I scold playfully and she does it again to spite me.

"Oops," She giggles.

"Ah, I've missed you S," I tell her giving her a tight side hug.

"I've missed you too A. You should come over tomorrow, after school! We can hang out like old times," She suggests.

"Yes, yes, yes!" I chant excitedly. "It's gonna be so much fun!"

"When do we not have fun!" Sienna laughs and I laugh with her.

"You guys are so weird," Blake mutters.

"Shut up, we weren't talking to you! This is a private conversation meant for two not three," I glare at him.

"Chill babe," Blake says and I glance at Grayson who was sitting next to Sienna quietly and see him glaring at Blake with his fist clenched very tightly.

"Whatever," I tell him and roll my eyes at him.

"Don't roll your eyes at me missy!" Blake mocks in a high pitched voice and I roll my eyes again.

"Oops," I giggle and we all burst into laughter.