How Do I Love Him?

How can you love someone when they will never love you back?

April 26, 2012
The Dahm Mansion

So two days ago, my parents and I discussed what was going on. I told them that I’ve changed completely; I’m not the perfect girl they want me to be anymore, and I’m not at all sane. Therefore, they’re moving to Kansas. Even though that’s a state away, I’ll be fine with it.

    But those two days I got to spend so much time with them, and I’ve really missed them. Especially my dad. God, how I missed my dad.

    Now, today all I’m worried about is how I’m going to cope with myself. I’m never going to see Harry again. Well except for the rehearsal dinner and the wedding. That’s it. How the hell am I supposed to deal with that?

    Today, I do not have any plans. I am just going to sit on the couch and watch shitty movies to make me feel better.

    But as soon as I sat down, comfortable and all, somebody knocked on my door. I walked up to it and smiled when I saw Malina and Niall, hand in hand.

    “Hey girl. We’re back.” She smiled and I furrowed my brows.

    “Where.. Did you go?” I asked and they walked into the house.

    “Did you not see the note on the fridge?” Niall asked and I cocked an eyebrow, “Clearly not. Um, I took this beautiful lady to Cancun. God, we had such a great time. But I’m exhausted so… I’m going to lie down.”

    “Cancun?” I asked as Niall kissed Malina’s cheek and walked away, “When did you go to Cancun?”

    “When you and Penelope went to London,” she answered and I furrowed my brows again.

    “We were only in London for three days,” I admitted and she laughed.

    “Well we stayed for five days I think. Got back yesterday and fell asleep in the car at a gas station.” She laughed again and I smiled.

    Then there was another knock on the door and I groaned. I walked up to it and opened it, looking straight at Penelope.

    “The fuck?” Malina rested her arm on my shoulder and gave Penelope a questioned look.

    “Um…” Penelope struggled to look away from Malina, but she finally looked at me and swallowed, “I need to talk to you.”

    “Okay.” I laughed and she sighed.

    “I need to talk to you alone.” She looked at Malina and Malina scoffed.

    “Go to hell, Daisy.” Malina rolled her eyes and walked into the house, sprawling out on the couch.

    “Come on. Let’s go to my room, I guess.” I sighed and closed the door before walking up to my room, Penelope following. “What is it that you need?” I asked, sitting down on my couch and grabbing the bag of twizzlers off of my nightstand.

    “Um, I wanted to ask you something about Harry.” I choked on the twizzler in my mouth, “I know it may be too much to ask, but please bare with me.” She sat down beside me and I gave her an Are you serious? look. “Please?”

    “Oh my God. Fine.” I ate the rest of the twizzler and she took a deep breath.

    “How do I love him?” she asked and I looked at her again.

    “What could you possibly mean?” I asked and she crossed her legs as I offered her a twizzler. She took one as I said, “It’s common sense when you love someone-”