First Day Out

Freedom is not free.

February 20, 2012

The Chesterfield Mall

I finished eating my oatmeal and went into the kitchen to put my bowl away. I took the liberty of making my own breakfast this morning because I didn't want Haley to make me breakfast this morning so that she could rest.

"Anastasia, get dressed." Harry walked into the kitchen, grabbing his newspaper from the kitchen counter.

"Why?" I asked, squinting my eyes.

"Don't ask questions, just do it." He snapped and I crossed my arms.

He pushed down on his eyebrow with his thumb and sighed, "I have to go to the mall today because I have some things to pick up. And I figured I'd take you with me. You know, because you're t​rapped h​ere."

My mouth dropped.

"You're taking me to the mall?" I couldn't hide my excitement.

"Oh, my gosh. You're, taking me, to the mall." I jumped up and he scowled at me.

"We won't be there long Miss Greene. And you aren't leaving my sight once we get there." He used his newspaper to point at me.

I walked past him and smiled, "Then I guess you're just going to have to keep up with me."

I quickly ran up to my room and threw open one of my dresser drawers. I pulled out a white strapless dress with a netted skirt. When I slipped the dress on, I went to the closet and grabbed a pair of black heels and brushed my hair out, showing my natural curls. Then I did my makeup, grabbed my wallet and the phone that Harry gave me a week ago and walked down stairs.

When I met with the marble floor after stepping off of the stairs, my heel made a click noise and Harry walked into the room.

He took a second glance at me and I could have swore I saw his lip twitch as if he were going to smile, but then he shook his head and slipped his jacket on.

"Let's go, Miss Greene." He rasped and opened the door for me, locking it behind him when he stepped out.

When we sat down in the car and he began to drive away, I couldn't help but notice that he seemed a little uncomfortable.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked and it made his brows draw together.

"There's nothing wrong with me." His voice sounded soft.

I raised my eyebrows at him and he sighed, "You just look really attractive today, and I am going to have to keep my distance from you or something bad might happen."

Would he kiss me if he had a chance?

I had that dream again a few nights ago and he actually kissed me in the dream. And ever since that dream, I've been daydreaming about what it would actually feel like. W​hat would it feel like? Would it feel harsh? Affectionate? Distasteful?

When we arrived at the mall, it was more crowded and more beautiful than I remembered. All those people enjoying themselves because they are shopping, and all those people who are dragging their boyfriends along with them. It was gorgeous.

"I don't know about this." Harry muttered beside me as we walked into the mall.

"Oh come on, don't be silly. This is going to be fun. Just tell me what you need to pick up, and I'll help you find it." I smiled and he cocked an eyebrow.

"Do you honestly think I've never been to the mall?" He chuckled a little and I cringed at the sound. S​o unsuspecting, so foreign.

"Well yeah. No boy comes to the mall intentionally or because they want to." I shrugged my shoulders and he chuckled again.