Y.

||AUSTON||

"You should talk to her." Mitch tells me as we walk through the ACC.

"Yeah, but i don't know where to start." I say sighing.

"I think I have an Idea." Mitch says smirking as we walk into the locker room after a quick walk.

||IVY||

"Yeah I'm fine." I say as I slip on my gloves, leave my helmet in my locker room and sway side to side on my skates waiting for everyone else to be ready for the game.

"You sure?" Johnny asks joining my conversation with Sean.

"Your eyes are red and poofy." Sean says looking at my face.

"Yeah i'm sure. Now let's just head out." I say as I step out onto the ice ready for warms ups.

As I take a few laps around, I look into the audience and see Steph has glass seats right beside our bench. The tears start to reach the brim of my eyes as more and more memories come into my head from my long term ex-best friend. 

I then shake away my tears and i go down too the end of our zone and start to stretch. As I look up from my spot I see Auston at the opposite end of the ice practicing one timers. The more I stare the more I can't seem too look away. I once thought I loved that very impatient man who can never wait for anything. But then that love turned to hate, and that hate turned to sadness, and that sadness then turned to.. well I don't know now. I'm feeling all these emotions but I cant't feel just one.

As I keep staring, i then lock eyes with the one and only Auston Matthews, but then our gaze was cut short due to the blue and white I see in front of me.

"Ivy..." Mitch says as I get up and go face to face with him.

"Hey." I say as I take off my glove and I smirk and he does the same back as we do our iconic handshake.

"Good to see you again." Mitch says ruffling my ponytail.

"You too Marns." I say shoving him lightly.

"Don't you dare hit me too hard or I swear i'm never doing our handshake ever again!" Mitch says pointing at me.

"No promises." I say smirking at my old time best friend of all time.

"But promise me one thing." He tells me.

"What is it now?" I ask rolling my eyes. 

"That you'll talk too Auston." He tells me and I don't know what to say.

"Um, Uh I don't know." I say looking down at a puck at the end of my stick.

"Just, please?" Mitch asks me hitting the puck away from me.

"I'll think about it, see you soon." I say as I skate of too my zone.

||AFTER WARM UPS||

"Let's go boys!" Gio says as we fits bump eachother and he puts his hand on my helemt and brings it too his.

"I want you to be better then Matthews, got that?" He asks me and I smirk at him.

"I'll try." I say and we start to get onto the ice.

tonight you were placed on the third line as a centerman just so people can get what they want, two so called great hockey players going head to head.

"You'll do just fine, we got your back." Ferland tells me as I take a seat beside him on the bench.

"Thank you Ferland." I tell him as we both then stand up for anthems.

||FIRST PERIOD||

The whistle blows as the puck ends up offside against the Leafs. I then hop onto the ice and over to the right of Andersen to take the first  face off verses Auston.

"Hey." He says and I just ignore him as the ref blows the whistle and drops the puck and I win the draw initiating the game. Once I won it, the leafs was quick and got the puck back and was heading down our zone, but Gio was quick to the puck and hits the puck out of Connor Brown's stick and Tkachuk was quick to the puck and brings it up the ice. As I skate up beside him, he passes the puck to me once over the blue line and I line up for the one timer and score.

"WOOO!" I say as I lift my hands up in the air and the line mates come in happily. I then pull away from the group and bump fists with the rest of the team.

||AT THE END ON THE GAME||

We ended up losing the game, 4-3, with me getting all three goals.

"close game guys." Sean says as we walk to our locker rooms. As I step in mine I take a seat on my stall and recap on tonight's game.I got a few hard hits on Auston and others, got three goals and overall played really well. Butthat's not why i'm not happy, nor is it the fact we lost the game, but the fact that I have lost all control of my feelings.

"Fuck feelings." I say as I start to change back into my dress and touch up my hair and makeup. Once I was all done, i got my tan coat and slipped it on and game my hockey gear to the equipment manager.

"I'm gonna take a walk." I say to him and he nods knowing that i'll be gone. I then make my way outside and just stand still. I take in a deep breath of the fresh air and just take everything in.

"Ivy?" I hear someone say to me. I then turn around to see Mitch and Steph.  I then smile at them and they make their way to me.

"Hey." I say as Steph jumps at me and hugs me.

"I've missed you." She says taking a deep breath inhaling the smell of my hair.

"I've missed you too." I tell he pulling away.

"I'm so sorry about what happened between us, I should have never done that. You're my best friend." Steph tells me with tears in her eyes.

"Steph you're my best friend and nothing can change that." I tell her and she smiles up at me and we hug.

"I'm coming in to hug." Mitch says as he joins the warm hug making me smile.

"Ivy?" I hear and I turn my face over and my smile disappears from my face at the sight of him.

------------------------------------

A/N: Merry (Late) Christmas everyone!

Sorry this update wasn't earlier, but i kinda wanted to relax during Christmas and just spend time with family! But I hope you enjoyed this chapter and brace yourselves for the last chapter in this book! I am for sure writing a part two to this book since this one did so great! (btw on the low i swear I made the first Auston Matthews fanfic!)

But happy holidays!

-Kk_lmao_1995