Christmas Spirit

Many of us think that Christmas is just full of gift giving, spending and stress right?

Everyone just spends their money and there's actually no such thing as "Christmas Spirit." Well is that really true?

~•~

"Right, like I believe you." I answered my best friend, Camille, in a very uninterested tone while fascinated at my nails like it was some kind of unusual alien that landed from Mars.

Camille was staying in our house for Christmas and now I'm just listening to her Rant about Christmas Spirit and how her family doesn't have any like me.

"Y'all don't even have a Christmas Tree in your house. Hmm I know, let's go out, I'll show you something. She said while lighting up like a candle. Since I got nothing to do here, I agreed.

~•~

"Cool!" I sarcastically said while Camille was giddily pointing to a tall Christmas Tree with really colorful ornaments.

"Come on Nikki, have at least a little spirit. Here look at those two." She said pointing to a less fortunate kid and a rich girl passing by. "The girl just gave the less fortunate some food."

Before I got to react she grabbed my hand and pulled me. She started to run towards an Italian restaurant while I was on her trail.

"Look at them." She said, now pointing towards the big, clear window of the restaurant.

"So? What about people eating pasta?" I ask her confused over why she was doing this.

"Don't you see that they're all having fun, laughing without anyone fighting." By now, her beautiful blue eyes start glinting. "To the Church!" She said while now running off, and still pulling my hand, to the nearby Church.

We stopped in front of the entrance of a Catholic Church which stood high and mighty for citizens to see.

Again, she pointed to the people praying and kneeling on the pews.
"Most, if not all of them are repenting for their sins and waiting for the coming of the Son of God."

Again, she pulled me away and we ran to put final stop, home.

We ran up to my room, Camille closed the door, sat on my bed and folded her arms. "So, what did you see?" She smirked.

"First, a rich girl helping a less fortunate, next families and friends having fun and bonding and lastly, people praying, repenting and waiting for the Son of God's coming." While I was saying this, something snapped in my head. This was...it.

"Yes and these only happen when?"

"On Christmas!"

"Of course, and because of?"

"Christmas Spirit." I answered with a genuine smile on my face.

"That's it girl, you got it!" Camille attacked my with a big bear hug which I returned.

"Thanks for teaching me about the Spirit of Christmas."

"No prob! My brother thought me all about it." When she said that, her blue eyes suddenly turned a little dull. I knew it was because her brother was a sensitive topic. They were so close to each other until he got into a car crash.  I knew just what to do.

"Come on Camille! Let's go spread the Spirit of Christmas." I said as she just chuckled at my enthusiasm.

~•~

"Huh?" I woke up really surprised from the dream that I just had. I walk to my window and see small white balls falling from the blue sky that covered the whole city of New York.

"Snow. It's the Holidays again and now it's much better with the Spirit of Christmas." I murmured to myself as I ran to my little sister's room to have some holiday fun.

~•~

Christmas isn't just about presents. Christmas is about being generous, happy and prayerful. We just have to realize that even in the real world, full of stress, work and hardships, we will always have time for family, friends, poor, neighbors and especially God.

Now look back at the Bold letters in the story, what does it form?

~Merry Christmas and may the Spirit of Christmas be with you.~