Chapter Fifteen

Chapter fifteen.

Every single day the house maids would hear the screams coming from Jay's room, sometimes they'd even hear things being flung at the wall. Every day Chloe would try and speak to him but with no such luck. The same with Nathan, he'd try and of course fail but he wasn't like Chloe that gave up trying after a week, Nathan stuck by him slowly but surely Jay would utter a few words before he'd cry himself to sleep.

"I want to go and see Max" Jay mumbled, shocking Nathan; it was the first full sentence that he had heard pass Jay's lips which was what? A month? Two months? He wasn't sure, "What?" Nathan asked stupidly although he had heard Jay quite clearly.

"I. Want. To. Go. And. See. Max" Jay repeated but more slowly this time as if he was taking the mick out of Nathan.

Nathan sighed, scratching the back of his head, "I'm not sure if that's a good idea Jay-" Jay shook his head, he could feel the blood boiling in his veins he was fuming with Nathan, how dare he tell him what was a good idea or not.

"Why not? Look I'm not asking for your permission, I'm going wether you like it or not" Nathan sighed, knowing that even though he didn't want to go he had to go in case it triggered Jay's madness that as of right now lay dormant waiting to erupt like lava from a volcano.

"Fine" Nathan took a deep breath, looking around Jay's room trying to calm down as he didn't want to snap at Jay, "You can go see him, but I'm driving you there." Jay nodded, mentally thanking him.

~~

"Are you ready to go?" Nathan was waiting near Jay's bedroom door, watching Jay as he rushed around looking for some of Max's clothes that Max had left once when he slept over at the McGuiness' house.

"Yep." Jay said, holding a bag that contained Max's clothes and some of Max's favourite chocolates; maltesers.

Nathan nodded and held the door open for Jay to walk through as Jay swung the Asda carrier bag humming a tune that he had heard on the radio this morning whilst walking down the hallway.

Nathan still couldn't get over the fact that Jay liked Max and of course the feelings had to be mutual. Nathan wondered if he had kept his mouth shut and not called Tom a psycho then maybe none of this would have happened and Jay would of loved him instead of Max right? Nathan knew how completely and utterly selfish this was of him but he needed some type of closure to help cease the pain in his aching heart.

"Are we here yet?" Jay asked excitedly, his big blue eyes looking out the window looking for the hospital that Max was at. Nathan chuckled to himself, Jay had been asking the same question every 2 or 3 minutes ever since Nathan had started the ignition of his car. Nathan found it cute just how curious Jay was but he knew his curiosity was only eager to see Max.

Nathan frowned, his mood changing "No! Do you see the hospital?" Nathan snapped, Jay shook his head scared at Nathan's sudden outburst, "Exactly! Now stop acting like a child by asking the same question over and over again, it's annoying and the answer was and still is no!"

Jay muttered a sorry, his smile disappearing as he looked out at the window sadly. Nathan wanted to apologise but the words wouldn't come out, he knew he was wrong by snapping at Jay but truth be told Nathan was scared. Scared that he'd loose Jay to the madness that was ready to erupt inside of him again or Nathan would loose him to Max. He didn't know which was worse and it made his skin crawl just thinking about it.

They drove the rest of the way in silence, both too scared to utter a word just in case of offending the other.

"We're here," Jay nodded waiting for Nathan to park the car so he could get out, "I'm sorry you know" once again, Jay nodded.

Jay watched in silence as Nathan sighed as he ran his hands through his hair, messing his hair up, "don't do that" Jay spoke, making Nathan jump in fright "do what?" Nathan asked running his hands through his hair once again, messing it up even further, "That!" Jay pointed to Nathan's messy hair.

Nathan frowned when he had finally clocked on what Jay was on about, "oh right, why not?" Jay smiled, "because it messes up your beautiful hair." Nathan did a spit take.

"What?" Nathan asked confused, Jay rolled his eyes.

"You heard me," Jay grinned, knowing exactly what Nathan was up to "and I think your beautiful too" Jay opened the door and began running to the entrance of the hospital.

Nathan sat in his car, dumbstruck. He had never been called beautiful before but what made it a million times more special was that it was said by Jay, Nathan's love of his life.

"Hurry! We're going to miss seeing Max, visiting hours are over in 45 minutes!" Jay shouted which broke Nathan out if his thoughts.

"Coming!" Nathan shouted, running to keep up with Jay.

It was at that moment Nathan had realised that he was truly, madly and deeply in love with Jay.

Written by @nicely_mcguiness.