Chapter thirteen

Chapter thirteen.

The countdown had begun.

There was no one or nothing that could stop Tom, once his mind was set he had to do it no matter what. He watched and waited, figuring out his tactics. When and how he'd strike. He didn't have a plan as of yet but as long as Jay ended up dead, that was fine and he didn't care who got in his way.

All Nathan could do when Tom and his love, Jay kissed was just stand there. He so badly wanted to rip Tom of Jay but he couldn't, he was frozen. He wondered if Jay was doing this out of spite or because he really wanted to save Nathan.

"I'm sorry" Tom muttered, tears streaming down his face, "I'm really sorry."

Jay and Nathan were confused, they didn't really know what he was apologising for but at least they were getting an apology for something right?

"What for?" Jay asked, taking a step closer to Tom, a big mistake on his account.

"For this" Tom rose his fist and hit Jay right in the eye, before Tom picked Jay up and started to drag towards the edge of the cliff. "The voices are right, you need to die nobody liked you anyway, not even Nathan and you agree with me on that one don't you?"

Nathan wanted to protest, he wanted to scream at him that it wasn't true again he wanted to rip Tom of Jay and throw Tom over the edge but he couldn't. He was stuck, he couldn't move or even speak. Nathan was in what some may call a state of shock which caused Nathan to freeze. It wasn't until he heard someone scream, "TOM! STOP!" That broke Nathan out of his shock.

~~

Max didn't know what brought him to go to the cliffs on the English shore but he decided to look around just in case. He hoped that Jay was there because he's been everywhere else and Jay was nowhere to be found.

"Jay!" Max shouted, looking around but all he could see was trees, trees and more trees.

Max delved deeper into the mini forest when he started hearing voices which sounded like Jay. He ran towards the voices and watched as Tom started dragging Jay to the edge of the cliff.

"TOM! STOP!" Max ran closer to the two boys, trying to pull Tom and Jay apart when he noticed another boy standing there watching the commotion in front of him.

"HELP ME!" He shouted at the brunette boy who Max swore he had seen before. The brunette boy, ran and started helping Max by prying Jay of Tom whilst Max pulled Tom.

"GET OFF ME MAX!" Tom spat, wriggling to try and get out of Max's hold, "I need to kill him, they told me to kill him. I have to do it, now let me go or I'll kill you too!"

Jay was scared, he feared for not only his own life but Nathan's, Max's and Tom's life too. Jay didn't really mind if he died, nobody would care that much if he did die but he didn't want anyone else to die and if Tom's threat was true then he didn't know what he'd do.

"Tom, listen to me" that stopped Tom.

"Remember what I told you last night?" Jay asked and Tom nodded, remembering exactly what was said.

"Don't listen to the voices, you think whatever they say is right don't you?" Tom once again nodded, "well it isn't right, they aren't good they don't want what's best for you they just want you to kill everyone that gets in your way please don't listen to them."

"Ignore him! Don't listen to him! Kill him!" The voices seethed making Tom wince.

"No! You're wrong! The voices are looking out for me, they know what's best for me not you" Tom had finally managed to release himself from Max's grip and pulled a knife from his jean pocket, holding it to Max's neck.

"So are you going to give me Jay freely or I'm going to have to kill all of you?" Tom asked, looking at the other three boys waiting impatiently to decide their fate.

Written by @nicely_mcguiness.