Chapter Twenty-One, Finding out

Aragorn woke up in the middle of the night. Something was tugging at the back of his mind. Something wasn't right. Evelina was still sleeping on his chest. He smiled as he looked at her pale face, shining in the moonlight. Looking to his left he saw that neither Legolas or Haldir were in the bed, looking to his right Teddy was still asleep but was slowly coming round his hair changing from Legolas to Haldir's and then finally settling on his own. Yawning cutely Teddy rubbed his eyes as he slowly came round opening his eyes and looking at his father with eyes identical to his mother. "Daddy." Teddy smiled happily though somewhat sleepily holding his arms up to be picked up.

Carefully shifting Evelina on to the bed so she didn't wake up Aragorn slowly rose from the bed and picked Teddy up. The toddler giggled quietly and snuggled into Aragorn's chest one small hand clutching his night shirt over his heart the other gently holding Aragorn's hair at the base of his neck. "Hello Teddy." Aragorn smiled softly as he kissed Teddy's forehead. With a glance at Evelina who was still curled up in bed fast asleep Aragorn left the room with Teddy in his arms. "How about we go find your Ada and Papa, huh?" Aragorn asked his precious little boy Teddy nodded his head from where it tested on Aragorn's shoulder. "Shhh." Teddy said cutely his finger to his lips as he looked at Aragorn and then to his mother fast asleep in the large bed. "Mummy sleeping." Teddy child whispered. Laughing quietly Aragorn kissed Teddy on the forehead holding him close. "No we mustn't wake mummy." Aragorn agreed as they left the room in search of Legolas and Haldir.

It didn't take long to find them; they were both stood outside looking at the stars. "Papa. Ada." Teddy called happily causing the two Elves to turn around seeing Aragorn walking towards them. Sending a glare at Aragorn the pair turned to their son. "What're you doing up Teddy?" Haldir asked. "Wanted you." Teddy said simply holding his arms out for Haldir who took him into his arms immediately holding him close. Once Teddy had cuddled with his Ada he held his arms out to his Papa for a cuddle where he soon fell back asleep in Legolas's arms. "The stars are veiled," Legolas sighed, bringing Teddy closer to his chest. "Something stirs in the east. A sleepless malice." Haldir continued turned to look at his long time friend. "The enemy is moving."
Pippin slowly climbed out of his bed. "What are you doing?" Merry asked. Pippin looked guiltily at Merry before stumbling towards Gandalf. "Pippin!" Neville hissed, waking up at the sound of soft, padding footsteps. "Don't do it!" Pippin ignored his and Merry's protests and kept going towards Gandalf. When he reached Gandalf, he jumped back a little, startled, when he saw the wizard's eyes were wide open. He shook off the shock quickly enough, grabbed a pot, and quickly switched the palantir in Gandalf's arms for the pot. "Pippin," Luna hissed now waking up due to the arguing but she immediately got worried when she saw what he was doing.

"Don't do it," Merry snapped at the younger hobbit.

"I just want to look at it," Pippin replied. "One more time."

"Put it back," Merry said, starting to stand up. Pippin smiled, still ignoring the others, and wrapped his hands on the palantir. His eyes widen in fear as his smile turns to a frown.