Chapter Seven, Leaving Rivendell

It was three days later that the Fellowship were preparing to leave for the next day the 28th October, just after dawn. It was decided to stay a little longer in Rivendell to give Frodo more time to recover, but also to give the four Hobbits some sword lessons, so they knew the basics before they set out on their journey. They could be taught more as they went along their journey as there were enough of them to teach them.

Evelina was walking through the beautiful gardens on her way to the training yard where Lord Glorfindel, Arwen's husband was teaching the Hobbits for the last time. All of the Hobbits had taken surprisingly quickly to the lessons, but it was Merry and Pippin that surprised them all by excelling in it, Evelina and Neville weren't as surprised as the others for they reminded them of the twins who were notorious pranksters but could be serious when the time called for it. She was suddenly brought out of her thoughts as she bumped into someone sending her to the floor, it was only the person's quick reflexes that stopped her from meeting the hard ground.

"I'm so sorry." Evelina apologised. "I wasn't looking where I was going." She looked up into the person's face only to recognise that it was in fact Boromir that had stopped her fall. Evelina just about managed to stop the scowl that wanted to appear on her face and instead adopted a neutral expression. "That's quite alright. I was in fact looking for you." Boromir told her after he'd checked her over yo make sure she wasn't hurt. "I wanted to apologise myself, for what happened at the council. I do not know what happened. I have never treated a Lady the way I treated you and I am disgusted with myself. I'm sorry." Boromir said sincerely.

"That's okay." Evelina said with a small smile as she had figured out what had caused his abrupt manner at the council, if what she'd seen of his behaviour and mannerisms the last few days she'd hazardous a guess and say the Ring was behind it. "I think it may have been the Ring that caused you to act in such a way and I may be able to help you, like I helped Frodo and Bilbo yesterday." Evelina told him. After the Council had finished Frodo had introduced her and Neville to his Uncle Bilbo, they'd hit it off like a house on fire what with them exchanging stories with the elderly Hobbit.

It had been late yesterday afternoon that Frodo had come to her in a terrible state. The Ring had caused Bilbo to try and attack Frodo when he refused to let Bilbo hold the Ring. He'd come to her asking her for a way to help his dear Uncle. She ended up removing the Ring's presence from not only Bilbo's mind but also Frodo's, where it had started to take hold. It had been a long and tiring time that it had exhausted Evelina's energy and nearly all her Magical Core, for the Ring had put up a long and vicious fight.

But before she allowed Sam to fetch Aragorn, Neville and Legolas she had built shields not only around Bilbo's and Frodo's but also the other three Hobbits as well. The shields were sort of like the ones that protected her and Neville's mind but she had altered them so that they had to fight the Ring for themselves for it to truly work, otherwise they'd never know their own strength and would make them more easier targets. Neville had ended up putting the shields around Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and also Gandalf when he, Aragorn and Legolas had found her completely exhausted and close to collapse. To say they were unhappy to find her close to collapse in Bilbo's room was an understatement, she'd been forced to stay in bed for the rest of the day and not allowed to do anymore magic until this afternoon.