Chapter 1: The first time is always awkward.

Start from the beginning

Chuckling at Annabelle, Vanessa moved away from her mother and smirked. "Last I knew, you were family too."

Annabelle's eyes widened upon seeing Vanessa and she grinned wide. "Oh Nessa, you look absolutely stunning!" She gushed dramatically before rushing to pull her nervous sister-in-law into her arms. "That man is going to drop dead at the sight of you."

"Let's hope not," she giggled. "You really think I look okay?" Vanessa asked worriedly. It had been a struggle to find a wedding dress on such short notice but, the show had a few designers on call who were ready to dress Vanessa in anything her heart desired. The producer of the show called it marketing but Vanessa didn't care. It was the first time she was ever looking at wedding dresses and the damage it did to her heart was astronomical.

Annabelle swatted at Vanessa's shoulder playfully. "Don't even try that with me missy. You look beautiful alright. Now stand up straight and own it. Go meet your husband."

Looking at Annabelle with her nose scrunched and her hands on her hips, Vanessa fell into a fit of laughter. It was hard not to. The woman her brother had married was always so full of fire but it seemed that with parenthood also came her habit of treating everyone like a naughty toddler. Vanessa knew it was hard not to switch into mother mode but, on Annabelle the look seemed to completely work for her. She looked adorable.

"What's going on here?" Vanessa blinked away her laughter and looked at her brother who had joined their small party. He was frowning in confusion, his eyes only trained on his wife-as they always were. "You alright my love?" He asked Annabelle with his hand falling to her small stomach.

Annabelle blinked in confusion before grinning. "Stop worrying Nick. The baby and I are fine. She however is not," Annabelle pointed at Vanessa with an eyebrow raised. "She needs her big brother."

For the first time since entering the small change room Vanessa stood in, Nick took a look at his baby sister. "Oh Nessa, you look beautiful." He grinned and swept his sister up in his arms, mindful not to ruin her hair.

Once Vanessa was securely on her feet, she blushed and looked at her big brother. He was always the strong one, protecting her even into adulthood. "You really think so?"

He nodded frantically, "You're almost as beautiful as my wife." He winked and Annabelle slapped him on his chest. "Ow, it was a joke baby. Nessa knows that."

"You don't say that Nick." Annabelle glared before looking at Vanessa. "I'm sorry. I'm still working on his training."

Vanessa laughed and felt the tension that had been pulling at her colon leave her. "It's alright Annabelle. I know Nick isn't serious. He's my brother after all. Our teasing is how we show love."

"See, she gets it."

---

"It's time Vanessa." Stealing her eyes away from the mirror, Vanessa looked behind her to see Eden Saunders, the producer of The Marriage Contest. She was dressed in a navy pencil skirt with a flattering yellow blouse that had a thin plunging neckline. She looked both professional and stylish and Vanessa envied her appearance. She had her thick caramel curls in a neat bun with a few carefully placed curls around her face to add softness to her look. Her figure was the attractive hourglass shape while her rosy cheeks and seductive eyes gave her the sex appeal she desired. She was friendly enough to Vanessa but she was clearly all work and no play.

"I'm ready," Vanessa reassured, giving one quick glance at the mirror. She was dressed in an elegant strapless chiffon fit and flare dress with a lace sweetheart neckline. The lace of the dress slipped over her bust and draped down her body where it rested just past her waist. The subtle mermaid silhouette ensured that the material followed the shape of her figure and though Vanessa had had her reservations about the dress in the beginning, the second she had seen it on her, she knew it was the dress for her. She loved how she felt in it and she loved that she looked as good as she felt.