Chapter 8

---Chapter 8---

"Sean!" I say running up to him as he walked off the plane, "I missed you!"

"I missed you too!" He says giving me a hug, "how was everything?"

"It was good, minus the power outage." I say.

"That's good. You were good, yeah?" He asks.

"Yes, Sean." I say.

"Good. Ready for lunch?" He asks.

I nod my head in agreement.

So the half of the team that went to Toronto and I loaded up into separate cars and headed to a restaurant.

On the way to the restaurant Luke said "I hope you don't mind, but Brayden is coming."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because he doesn't have to be at the rink till 3 and there isn't any food in the apartment." Luke says, "do you have a problem with him coming?"

"No, not at all." I say looking at the scenery.

After 10 more minutes of driving we pull into a parking lot. We get out of the car and head inside.

"So I heard about you and Brayden." Luke says.

My eyes get bigger. I hope Sean didn't hear that. He was checking in with the lady so I guess he didn't.

"What about us?" I asked. "Us." I've never said that but the thought of it was nice.

"Just that you and him had to share a bed. Oh and that you were worried about him in the middle of the night." He says. I look up to see Sean isn't talking to the lady nor do I see him anywhere else.

"So what's yo-" I say but I was cut off by a guy walking in.

I look over and it's Brayden. He was wearing a plaid shirt with a leather jacket, jeans, and sneakers.

"Hey guys!" He says giving them handshakes.

"Oh look who's here." Luke says, smirking. I give him a death stare.

He comes over to where Luke and I were sitting.

"Hey." He says.

"Hi." I say.

He was about to speak but the lady told us to follow her to our table.

I sit at the far end, near the window. Sean sits next to me, Brayden across from me, and Luke next to him. The rest of the guys just fill in the other seats.

We give our drink orders to our waitress soon after we sit.

Brayden tried making conversation with me but I just gave him small, quick replies. I didn't want Sean figuring anything out.

Our waitress comes back with our drinks a few minutes later.

"I'll be right back." Sean says after he orders his food.

"What is up with you?" Brayden asks.

"I don't want Sean figuring anything out." I say taking a sip of my coke.

"He won't." He says.

"Yes, he will." I say.

"No, he won't." He says holding my hand, making me smile.

I look over to see if Sean was coming back and he was. I quickly let go of Brayden's hand and act natural.

15 minutes later our food arrives.

"Oh my gosh, you guys eat so fast!" I say as most of the guys are done with their lunch within 10 minutes of it arriving. With myself, on the other hand, I've only eaten half of my burger. The guys laughed at my sentence.