WT3| "London Bridges Falling Down"

c h a p t e r t w e l v e
-
when the bridges
come burning down

Roman bit into his burger, his eyes scanning over the book in front of him. With all the time on his hands, he always found himself looking into books he should've looked into years ago when he was still in school. It was corny then and it's still a little corny to him now so it's never too often. He tossed the book in his duffle bag as he sat outside Taylor's shop, leaning against his car. He had a client out in Detroit that he was flying out to paint a mural for but he was here to make sure she liked the work that was done. After finishing his burger, he balled up the wrapper and shot it in the trash.

"Taylor!" He thought he heard. He looked around, not seeing much but people rushing all around. A few seconds later, he heard it again. "Taylor!"

Roman looked in the direction and everything seemed to move in slow motion. She wore a grey wife beater tucked into her dark blue denim jeans, a black bomber with some red Yeezy's. Her hair was tied back in a high ponytail and she had sunglasses in one hand with her other hand clutched around the handle of a large purse. She looked pissed. A couple inches away was a light skinned girl with red hair and beside her was Wyn on the edge of the street, driving.

"Taylor, I'm sorry!" He yelled out.

"Wyn, I don't give a fuck. Fuck you. Fuck this shit!" Taylor yelled out before picking up a break and throwing it directly at window of the shop. "Fuck you, Wyn!"

He slowed the car down, looking at the damage.

"This shit is in your name. This is your shit. Kiss my ass. I don't want to be apart of this shit. When you get busted, you're by yourself. Better yet, you're with that little bitch you was cuddled up with at your fucking club." Taylor yelled as she pointed to him in his car.

"Are you serious!?" Wyn yelled back. "I told you-"

"Fuck what you told me. You're a liar!" Taylor yelled over him.

They were attracting attention. People were recording and slowing their paced walks. Roman had seen enough. He picked up his duffle bag and walked over to the scene, grabbing Taylor's arm. She tried to pull away but he kept his grip. She looked up at him and stopped fighting.

"Come on." He said. He could see the tears in her eyes as she turned over to him and buried her head in his chest. He held her, looking to Wyn. He looked like he hated him. "Lets go."

***

"So what the fuck was that all about anyway?" Roman asked as they stood around in his empty house.

Taylor looked around at the painted canvases laying on the floor here and there. She shrugged as she exhaled. "Did you get robbed or something?" She asked.

"What you mean?" He questioned with a chuckle.

She motioned around the house. "It's empty."

"Your friend likes it." He announced as the red headed girl sat on his kitchen counter. "Who is she?"

"That's my niece, China. She's been staying with me." Taylor informed him before turning to look at her. "Get off there."

"Speaking of nieces. Where's Rei?" He asked. Taylor turned back to him and smiled.

"She's living with my sister. She's been there for a while." She answered.

"Yeah she told me. She was pretty mad-"

"What you mean she told you?" Taylor asked. "You talked to Rei?"

"Yeah, some dude... well the dude I put in the hospital that time... was messing with her. I stopped em, and got her lil car fixed." He said with a shrug before putting his hands in his pocket.

Taylor nodded before crossing her arms and leaning against the wall. "This empty ass house. You don't have nowhere to sit or nothing. How do you deal?"

"I don't. I'm barely here. I come here when I'm in the city, just to sleep." He said.

"You sleep on the floor?" She questioned. Roman rolled his eyes.

"You always questioning my ass down, detective. Can a nigga just live?" He asked before walking off. Taylor laughed, feeling a little better before following behind him.

"No. So answer my question." Taylor said.

Roman smiled, leaning against the door as he looked down at her. He grabbed the knob and opened it. Taylor looked at the air mattress and laughed.

"Just gonna laugh in my face like this?" He asked, closing the door.

Taylor tilted her head to look up at him. "Roman. Is that what happens when you stop slanging?" She asked. Roman licked his lips.

"You're a bully." He said.

"I'm a bully?" She asked as if he hadn't just said it. He nodded before grabbing her waist and pulling her to him.

"I missed you." He mumbled before planting a kiss on her forehead.

"I missed you too."