[ 04 | Inevitable ]

Mulai dari awal

God, it was irritating.

"Don't tell me you miss her?" Gavin taunted, chuckling slightly. He scoffed and said, "Didn't think you were all warm and fuzzy after all, sweetheart." I glared at him but he didn't take it to heart. Gavin just laughed it off. "After she broke your heart, I didn't think you'd still be friends with that bitch."

I was about to say something insulting back, but his words stopped me. That probably explained why he got so angry that night. I looked at Gavin from the corner of my eye and sighed, feeling a smile creeping up my lips. He thought that it was me who Ellie and Tristan played.

"No need to be jealous, Gavin."

His eyes darkened and he narrowed his eyes at the street. This little misunderstanding would help me play my cards better. "Fuck off, Penelope. I'm not jealous."

I smiled. Behind his crude words, the little flash in his eyes showed the truth. I wasn't going to push, though. Gavin was more ... well behaved when he thought that he was the one making all the calls. 

"Okay."

"Okay," he echoed.

When we arrived at Ashcroft, Gavin killed the engines and surprised me by getting off and walking around the car to open my door for me.

"What are you planning?"

Something was up. If this was any other normal day, he would have zoomed out of the parking lot as soon as I was out of the car.

He ignored my question and grabbed my hand, helping me out of the vehicle. "Who said that I'm up to anything other than helping my girl out of the car?"

"When are you not up to anything?"

With that, he just smirked, followed by quickly pulling my body against his and pushing me back against the car door as soon as he'd closed it. "I'm just collecting debt," he whispered in my ear and pressed his body against mine, "That's all."

Before I could even take in surroundings, his lips met mine and I'd lost all controls on my body. As he pressed a hand on my lower back, I felt my fingers sliding up his arms until they reached the mop of his hair, my toes suddenly curling as he pushed his body closer to mine.

My heart raced and I could barely feel the ground on my feet. Sometimes, I wasn't sure if it was safe to let myself go with Gavin like this.

I wasn't sure how long I was kissing Gavin, but I knew that it wouldn't take us long to find a more private spot with the amount of desire that's been building up between us.

He must have seemed to have the same idea since he pulled back, resting his forehead against mine as he murmured, "I better get out of here before I lose control, babe." Reluctantly, I pulled back and kept my hands behind my back, holding onto the hem of my jacket. I was afraid that if I didn't restrict myself, I might ask him to do the unspeakable at the bad of his car. The way his eyes were looking at me didn't help contain this desire, too.

Then, he grabbed my hand and pulled me to the front of the school, a smile forming in his lips as he kept his eyes locked on me. I could feel my cheeks burn under his gaze but I didn't want him to have the satisfaction of actually seeing it so I turned away from him.  

That was when I realized why Gavin did that.

 It was all for show.

Standing by the doorway was both Maddy and Cole, staring grimly at our direction.

"Penelope." Cole's tone was dark and threatening. It made something inside me quiver. I looked at him, and the frown in his lips and the way he was glaring at the man beside wasn't an indication of how pissed he looked, then I don't know what is.