Missing

Laurence's POV

"I hate you, Aaron," I growl at him. I'm laying on my bed again, on my back. "Just when I was starting to recover from the other crap I went through---"
"Y/N," he interrupts me. I stop talking at the mentioning of her name. I remember just earlier today, my arms around her waist and our bodies embraced together in peace. I'm surprised she isn't here to see me. Maybe she doesn't even know.
"What about her?"
"We can't find her."
"Don't pull my leg, Aaron, she was just here. Are you trying to kill me physically and mentally?!" I screech at him, but it ends in a deep sigh. He doesn't say anything. He just walks away from my limp body and leaves the room. I sit up, my shoulder aching, my lips pruned, and my chest heaving up and down slowly and deeply. Somehow deep down, my heart feels shattered like it did before at the werewolf castle. That horrid discourse is never going to leave my frame of thought. I look at the doorway and see Katelyn and Aphmau, both giving me blank stares.
"Laurence, how are you feeling...?" Aphmau asks, rushing over to my bedside. I want to sigh again at the fact that Y/N isn't the one here worrying about me. I try and think of where I last saw her, but all I can recall recently with her face in a memory was my lips touching hers. It's a good memory to have, but I won't remember it forever. They're not set in stone like ink on a page.
"I'm fine," I reply dryly. Aphmau looks more scared then I am about my shoulder. My sleeve is coated in blood from the gash and I can't move my arm without wanting to scream and cut the arm off. I feel Aphmau's magic seep into my shoulder and spread throughout my bones. As if a spark goes off, it's over and I look at my woundless shoulder. Envying and vexing that she has these powers and I don't is typical when she makes miracles come true like this, but I smile at her instead. She smiles back.
"Better?"
"Yeah, thanks," I take her hand and raise it toward my lips to kiss her flesh, but I just breathe softer. Her hand awkwardly is raised in front of my eyes, but I don't do a thing.
"Are you sure you're okay?" Aphmau asks. I squint my eyes and blink hard a few times to convince myself it's Y/N's hand and kiss it for a few moments before releasing it and allowing Aphmau to put it back at her side. I feel like a cheater; like that was wrong in more ways than one. Before I can answer Aphmau, Katelyn mentions,
"Y/N is still missing as of now."
"Aaron told me something of that sort. I don't believe you, why would she run away?!" I spat. I am more frustrated than I am depressed now.
"Run away is a bad way to put it," Katelyn replies, "More like... hide."
"I don't understand," I say blandly, calming my emotions until I know what is really going on.
"After Aaron knocked you out at the Scaleswind gate when we were fighting the Shadow Souls, Y/N showed up in her Shadow Knight form and saw that Aaron had hurt you. She was enraged, so for the safety of everyone, Aaron threatened to hurt her too, in a way. Y/N had then put the sword in the clamp of her teeth and bit it completely off without getting hurt or any teeth getting broken. She had seemed very spacy the whole time and ran off without saying another word. It's been about three hours now and no one has seemed to be able to track her down in the city limits," Katelyn explains. She clasps her hands in front of her, not saying a word. I don't say anything either, I just look at my shoulder. Aphmau looks at the floor. The presence of silence fades when I finally think aloud,
"How did she break the sword...?"
"No one really knows," Katelyn responds softly, fiddling with her fingers and swooshing her meif~wa tail. I almost forgot that we're still cat people and I wrinkle my nose. "Nicole sent Aaron to the blacksmith to get his sword repaired about a half an hour ago. I asked her if she had any ideas and she just shrugged. Even the blacksmith said it's almost physically impossible to do what Y/N did because the sword was completely intact and not worn at all. Dmitri told me that Y/N must be magical and I think, surprisingly, that's the most logical guess."
"She has magicks?" I ask.
"Well, we don't know for sure," Aphmau joins in the conversation, "Katelyn and I have been looking in the library for books about magicks that can break through metal like that." My heartbeat speeds faster and I jump out of my bed, sprinting out the door.
"Laurence, you imbecile, get back here!" Katelyn yells. I don't stop running. I will never stop running until I see Y/N's beautiful face in my vision and feel her lips touching mine making me forget why I was ever worried. But for now, my heart is racing and my legs are carrying my body to who knows where.

Thank you guys so much for reading this chapter! A new one will be out very soon!
Nya,
Soccerkitty7