New Year, New Hope

DEO Office Rooftop. New Year’s Eve
#np : Guy Sebastian - Angels Brought Me Here

With a glass of champagne on both hands, Mon El approaches Kara who is standing alone at the balcony, leaning on the railing, and staring at the sky full of stars. It’s a bright beautiful sky tonight. But nothing compares to how beautiful Kara looks with her beautiful floor length velvet navy gown. The gown hugged her perfect curves and fits her body perfectly. The view of Kara just took Mon El’s breath away he had to stop on his track for a couple seconds before continue walking towards Kara.

“Hey beautiful..” Kara turned her back as she heard Mon El’s voice. As their eyes met, Damn, he looks hot! Kara's inside voices’ speaking.

“Oh, it’s you!” Mon El tried to play. Both chuckles.
Old move, but still curved a smile on Kara’s face.

"Geez, humans are so… festive.. about new year. Didn't we just celebrate Christmas?", Mon El tried to soften the mood.

"I don’t think we have this New Year’s Eve thing at Daxam. Is it necessary?” Facing each other, Mon El offered a glass of champagne to Kara.

“Ah come on Mon El. It only happens once a year. And don’t you love a party?”, Kara chuckled as she took the glass of champagne Mon El handed her.

“Yes, I do..”, he nodded his head and curved that sweet smile of his that turned Kara’s knees to jelly. And they just stand right there, side by side.

“It’s a celebration..”, Kara tried to explain.

"You’re just changing the number. 2016 to 2017”, Mon El cutted.

“Well, it’s a new year, a new page. A new you. It’s good way to start over, Mon El. New year, new hope”. Mon El let out a sigh.

"Hope is kinda misleading Kara. What if it’s false hope?”, questioned Mon El.

He is still kinda lost about what to do on earth. Don’t talk about hope, he is still figuring out what his purpose is.

“It’s called “hope” Mon El. How can it be false?” Kara plastered a smile, which Mon El mirrored.

“Ha. That’s a good one. Where did you get that?”

“Where did I get what? Oh the hope can’t be wrong? Madam President of course. She is so cool and awesome”, Kara explained enthusiastically.

“Not as awesome as you I believe”. He’s trying to flirt. Which is possibly working because Kara’s cheeks just turned rosey in second.

“You know, here on earth, every new year.. we have this New Year Resolution thing. Where you write down your hopes, things you want to achieve for the next 12 months.. those kind of things.. Maybe you want to have one, I can help” Kara happily offered.

“Um, Kara, listen, I want to…“

“Hey guys, just want let you know, the countdown is about to start.” And just before Mon El could say whatever he wanted to say, Winn appears and calling for them. Mon El decided to save it for later. Well, better worth the wait..