XVIII

"No, we talked calmly." Jean-Gabriel said to Alex
"Wow, I'm proud of my beautiful girlfriend." Alex laughed in taking my arms
"Hey calm down." I commented trying to be the more serious
"What?" they all said
"I'm just kidding. I think we should enter."

We walked in the restaurant in joy and happiness. We sat down and just took a drink. I was sit down in front of Nathan and he was always trying to make me laugh. Alex was always turning his head because he wasn't understand why Nathan and I were laughing.
"Do we mind you?" Alex asked seriously
"Stop doing your jealous guy, Alex. I always told you that he's my friend."
"I'm... not doing my... jealous guy."
"If you're not doing your jealous guy it doesn't look." Nathan smirked
"Ok, ok." Alex smiled at us

We all started to laugh because of Alex's reaction and he did as if he was fighting me so I jumped in his arm to hug him.
"Well, you're the best. You're so cute when you're jealous." I said

After our time at the restaurant, Nathan drove Jean-Gabriel to his hotel and Alex and I drove to my apartment. He entered and putted his coat on the sofa.
"Well, we're alone together." he told me holding me tight
"Yes we are alone. I'm happy to be with you."
"Same. I'm sorry about being jealous of Nathan and you. This is just complicated in my head."
"You're always complicated." I smirked
"Hey! What about you?"
"I'm the less complicated girl in the world, mister Galchenyuk."
"I'm not sure of it miss Galchenyuk."
"What? You called me miss Galchenyuk?"
"Do you love this?"
"That's cute. I pretty love this."

*Two months later*
Christmas is coming soon. I'm alone at my apartment, waiting about Anna to come with me to make some shopping. We will buy Alex's gift and some other gift for Nathan, Brendan and well Jean-Gabriel. Yes, Jean-Gabriel. They're my best friends.

It makes two week that I didn't see Alex and that I'm alone at home. I didn't have any work. When Anna learned about my solitude, she decided with all of his enthusiasm to come with me and makes some shopping for Christmas. She was so excited about this. I heard a knock on the door, so I jumped out my sofa and I walked to the door. I opened up the door and she jumped in my arm to say me hello.
"I'm so happy to see you Lottie! I hope you don't feel too much alone, but if yes you can come at our house I will be so happy."
"I'm so happy to see you too, Anna. I'm ok..."
"Hmm... are you feeling great?"
"Yea..."
"Sure of it? You can tell me everything, I'm here for you!" she said putting her hand on my shoulder "And if it's because you miss Alex, don't worry he's coming back tonight."
"What? He really come back tonight?"
"Yes! You didn't know?"
"No because it makes two weeks that he doesn't answer to my text message." I answered with tears rolling on my cheek
"Oh no, are you serious?"
"Yes. He never answers to my message. Does he answers to yours?"

She hesitated to answer at my question.
"You can be honest, Anna."
"Yes he answers. He knows that we're doing shopping together today and he was really happy. Does anything happened?"
"No, nothing happened. That's the reason why I don't understand."
"I don't understand too. Oh and he wanted me to say you a hello from him."
"If he wants to tell me hello, he only has to text me."

She looked at me with a sad face. I knew she didn't knows what to say.
"I'm sorry Anna."
"Why are you sorry? I understand well your reaction."
"Yes, but I shouldn't be like this with you because of Alex."
"It's ok. I don't understand why he's like this."

We make some shopping trying to forget about this, but how could I forget this. I didn't understand why he don't answer to me.

When I came back at home, I took my phone and I was thinking about what I should do. Sure, he was coming back tonight. I opened the door to look if Anna was far and I saw her.
"Anna!" I screamed
"Yea?"
"I think I'm gonna come at your home finally."
"Oh seriously? So niiice!"

My plan will work. My plan will work.

So when I arrived at her home, I sat down in the living room, stressed as I never been before today.
"I'm gonna do the dinner, Alex is arriving soon."
"Do you need help?"
"No, no, that's ok stay here and relax. Or put some of your new clothes. Your new beautiful dress to welcome him." she winked

Yes why not. Welcome him and make as if all was normal. I was stress about this meeting, I don't really know why. I heard the door opening and took my phone to make as if I was playing game. The fact than Nathan was answering to all my text and not Alex were making me crazy, but I had to be normal. I had to be normal. I had to...
"Anna, where are you sister?" he turned his face toward the living room and saw me

I didn't look at him, but I knew that he was surprise to see me.
"Hey Lottie!"
"Happy to learn that you were coming back in Montreal today."
Ok I didn't make what I was suppose to do.
"Euh what?"
"Hope it doesn't mind you if I'm here, cause I can leave if you prefer."
"What are you talking about? I'm happy to see you."
"As you're happy about not..." I stopped myself
"About not what?" he asked

I took a breath.
"About not answering at my text."
"What are your talking about? I..."
"You don't have any answers about the fact that you didn't answer to my text."
"I missed you, Lottie."
"Don't try to take me by the sentiment, it doesn't work. Do you think I didn't miss you? Yes, but it doesn't look that you missed me. Maybe I should go home because I don't want to be boring for you on a come back day."

I was walking to leave the leaving room and he blocked me the door of the living room.
"Alex..."
"I'm sorry if I hurt you because I didn't answer to your text."
"I just don't understand why Nathan was answering to my text and that you were answering to Anna. But not answering to me."
"What mind you more? The fact that Nate answered to you and not me or the fact that you thought I had something against you?"
"Both. Now I'm gonna leave."
"No you will eat your dinner here because I missed you and I don't want to see you leave angry." Alex answered
"Alex come on seriously. I don't think that you want to eat your dinner with me."
"That's what I want most."
"But you didn't explain yourself and I'm not sure of it."
"Lottie come on. I'm gonna explain you."