"Hn," the security simply uttered before turning the corner and continuing on his way, "don't let this happen again Watson; next time don't let me catch you without your ID on."

I nodded dumbfounded and turned to Azaiah, "What's up with the whole ID thing?! Sweet Jesus, the guy almost gave me heart attack!"

Azaiah simply rolled his eyes and grabbed on to my arm dragging me behind back though the hall.

Ouch!! "Hey! stop, let me go! It hurts!" Dang I'm definitely getting a bruise! Are the people here not educated at all?

I tried my best to take his hand off of me but for goodness sake, the guy had killer grip!

His honeyed, yet low voice rang through the empty hall way, "Hmm, you should have thought of that before you decided to run away, now bare with it. I don't have the time to go look for you again,"

Still awed by even the sound of his voice, it took me some time to comprehend what he had just said.

Wah? Who does he think he is, "I said let me go, you're hurting me!"

Silence.

Is he ignoring me? Is sexy, wall guy really ignoring me!

Oh no you don't! Nobody ignores Alexandra Esmeralda Watson!

Sigh...

Breathe Alex breathe, there's no need to get worked up right?

"Now, now Mister," I started, determined to end this in peaceful terms, "If you don't let me go, I will have to call the police."

He immediately came to a stop. Ha, Coward!  I won! I was about to do my victory dance when I noticed he hadn't let me go yet.

I frowned," why aren't you letting me go?"

As he turned to look at me I caught the small smirk playing around his lips. Is he laughing at me?!

"You think that just by threatening to call the cops, that I will let you go Alexandra?"

Almost, and I said ALMOST,  entrapped by the sound of his voice I answered, "Duh!"

He raised an eyebrow, clearly amused.

Does this guy know the definition of police? "Yeah! You know those scary guys in uniform that carry a gun,"

Now, his lips formed a full smirk, "Yeah"

My eyes went to his lips. Gosh Darn it! Why were his lips so- so inviting?

I took the time to drink in his face since I hadn't had time to do so.

He had cold, yet sad gray eyes under long, dark eyelashes. Dark brown, almost black, shaggy hair and sharp face features that seem like it should belong on a cover of a magazine. As he smirked, a one sided dimple appeared. He was just BEAUTIFUL.

"Well," Azaiah's deep voice broke through my reverie.

"What?" I answered confused...what were we talking about? I frowned once again as the pain from my arm reminded me of my threat of calling the cops.

"Are you going to call the cops?" His still laughing eyes never left mine.

"Of course I'm still going to call the cops! You're abusing my poor arm you- you poop face!" I  said suddenly enraged. Blushing at the possibility that he might have noticed me practically eye raping him!

He suddenly cleared his throat, a malicious glint in his eye sent shivers through my spine, "and may I ask you, how exactly are you going to call the cops?"

I suddenly realized that I didn't have my cell-phone with me, it was probably still inside my school bag...that is probably still inside the car...

"err...can I borrow your cell-phone please?" I asked innocently. If I didn't have a cell-phone, then maybe he could let me use it right?

His smirk faltered for a moment before turning into  full blown smile, "Because I will clearly let you borrow my cell-phone that so that you could call the cops on me right?" He appeared to be at the brink of exploding with laughter. His cold, gray eyes seem to come alive. Just the sight of him smiling made my heart skip a beat. Something told me he didn't smile very often.  Jeez! He was really pretty.

Before risking him noticing me ogling him, I looked away and stared at the light green wall behind him.

Sigh...he's right...who's dumb enough to do such a thing as letting someone borrow a cell-phone so that he could be accused to the police.

Mmmmm, "Well, then just let me go!" I struggled once again to make him let go of me. But, Holy great balls of fire! This guy was strong. Maybe he IS a werewolf!

All of a sudden I stopped. If he's a werewolf...then he eats people right? And if he eats people, then he could eat me... He's dragging me because he wants to eat me!

Gulp. I looked up at his face,  "Umm, please...please don't eat me," I started biting my lip. Something I do when I'm nervous and now something I do when I'm about to be eaten by a werewolf.

A burst of masculine laughter boomed through the hallway and suddenly my arm was free.

I quickly took my arm and snaked it across my torso.

He's laughing.

I blinked a couple of times to see if my eyes and ears were deceiving me, but no, the laughter that was piling inside Azaiah finally broke out.

"Eat you! Hahaha! Who-who would want to- want to eat you!"

Well, excuse moi! For your information I taste pretty good! Not that I ever tasted my self...that would be weird.

But I wouldn't say that out loud so I just went with making a face at him with glaring eyes.

Finally his laughter came to a stop and his typical serious face returned after clearing his throat, "Just don't try running away again, if you do, I won't be there from keeping you from getting disciplinary action. Not that I care about you, but here, when one gets disciplined, the whole unit does also."

I opened my mouth to complain but he quickly continued, "Let's hurry up, you don't want another security guard finding you without your ID on," he mentioned to the ID dangling from his neck that I hadn't noticed before. I was probably too busy eye-raping his face. I mentally shook my head. Shame on me.

He started walking again and I quickly followed.

After turning to a different hallway with more office-like doors and reaching a staircase, I asked," Sooo, you're not going to eat me then?"

What? I had to make sure!

Azaiah neither stopped, nor answered my question and continued up the stairway.

Pfft! Whatever!

 Oh well, he didn't seem like the type of guy to eat a poor defenseless girl anyways...hopefully..

I sighed. How in the world am I going to survive in this place? A place where, supposedly, there's all kinds of fairytale monsters like vampires and dragons.

Judith said I was a pixie, but I'm pretty sure she or that Queen person is mistaken.

I crossed my arms.

I grew up human and I'm staying human no matter what... and nobody is going to tell me otherwise.