A New Found Confession

Marinette's POV

Time flies so fast that it is like a week before I get married with Prince Kim. He and his family goes in our palace every night to give bits of information about our wedding. Of course, I didn't even mind listening since it was all boring.

This is another night where Prince Kim and his family will visit here....again. So I started to get ready for the royal dinner.

-----

My family and I sat in the dining hall waiting for Prince Kim. Just in few minutes, he and his parents arrived.

Our parents were talking about their plans and decisions about our wedding.

I decided to go to the Royal garden. I politely excused myself and started walking towards the garden. I took a quick stroll around the garden and suddenly heard faint footsteps coming from behind. I turned to see it was Prince Kim.

"Pleasant evening Princess." He greeted with a smile.

"Pleasant evening too Prince Kim." I greeted him back, curtsying.

He went next to me and shared a moment of silence while admiring the beauty around us.

"Aren't you supposed to be eating with our parents?" I asked, breaking the silence.

He chuckled and cocked a brow at me "I should be asking the same question to you. Aren't you supposed to be there as well?"

I sighed "It's just... I really don't feel like going there. Like it's just about planning our wedding and all and I'm not really interested to listening to all that."

I looked up to see the night sky where the stars were dancing and the moonlight that brightened the dark sky. There was complete silence that went between us. That was until, Prince Kim spoke up.

"The night sky is so beautiful..." he said staring at the dark sky.

"It is indeed." I replied.

We began admiring the beauty of the night sky in comfortable silence.

"Say princess..." he began and cleared his throat. I turned to face him.

"We will get married soon." He sighed.

I turned away, "Yeah, so what about it?" I answered feeling the slight bitterness in my tone.

There was a moment of silence between us once again.

Letting out a huge sigh, he finally answered. "You know, I never liked listening to those load of crap either. It was ALL boring."

I was taken a back by his sudden confession. 

"Ohh... I see." I replied.

"And I know you don't like getting married to some prince who won a competition and who you barely even know because of some stupid family tradition. It's all written in your face, I can tell." He said.

I widened my eyes and turned to face him. As such as I think it's not really surprising if people know I have ZERO interest about my marriage, I can't help but feel surprised by the sudden statement that Prince Kim spat. 

"So what if i don't like to marry you?" I turned away while composing myself. 

He chuckled softly, "It's fine. Not like I'm interested in getting married with you anyway."

Somehow, I felt relieved after hearing that he didn't like to spend the rest of his lifetime with me either.

"So... you're against the idea of us getting married?" I asked. He nodded in response. I too, nodded my head subconsciously.

I felt a little joyous inside hpjust by knowing that I wasn't only the one feeling like this afterall. Then we both stared a the night sky again and shared the same silence a few moments ago. Soon, my thoughts started clouding over mind, but I can't help but be curious, why didn't he agree to the marraige? A part of myself also told me to shut up and my own business but I can't help it. I wondered, does he not like it because he simply doesn't have feelings for me and is not willing to spend the rest of his lifetime with me? Or like mine where a certain someone caught his attention?

"Prince Kim, if you don't mind, why are you against the idea of us getting married?" I asked.

He smirked, "Asking questions already princess huh?"

I rolled my eyes at his remark, "Just answer my question. Well... that's if you like to."

"I'm just messing with ya. Well, a certain maiden caught my eye while I was out for a mission. She was a little feisty, I must say, but she was really nice." He laughed, "Well your turn, why do you not agree to his marraige?

"Well..." I began, "It's similar to your story. It started when I was lost in the woods until I met this brave, kind and selfess lad. He was nice, he helped me througt the forest and safely returned me home."

He smiled, "That guy seems nice."

"He is." I replied and subconsciously smiled. My heart began to race when I thought about Felix. His smooth and graceful fencing down to his soft side for animals and to his kind and gentlemanly gestures and dashing smile. Who wouldn't fall for that?

"Well, I hope for your happiness Princess Marinette." He said with all sincerity.

"You too, I hope you end up with that special maiden of yours." I replied.

They began to chat the night away when unbeknownst to them, someone was watching them from afar...

_________________________________________________________________

A/N

YEET I'M BACK ( let's lowkey celebrate after being back for 48294829382838 years 🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊🎊 )

Thank you for waiting for me guys and as promised I went back. 

I'm really sorry if this was really late. I completely forgot about this and just yeeted and edited this last minute.

I might make a book full of one shots with my OTP's so comment down below or PM me ( don't be shy please UwU ) your requests. I will not be accepting lemons because it's not my forte and I want to keep my account as appropriate for all readers as possible.

As for the updates.... don't be expecting a lot tho. It will be really slow ones and I'll try my best to update as fast as I can if my schedules and stuff won't get in the way.

I'm really sorry if this one really sucked tho. It seemed like I didn't really improve at all TvT.

Anyway, thank you for the reads and votes. Really appreciate it.

I hope you enjoyed reading this chappie and stay tuned for the next update.