The Games

Marinette's POV

Today is the day. The Games will be held in the royal courtyard. I prepared myself for the event today. I wore the same dress I usually wore and the same tiara. I got a bag and placed my adventure clothes inside for the  parkour race later. Just when I finished preparing, I heard a knock from my door.

"Come in." I said.

My mother came in and gave me a quick hug.

"What is that for?" she asked looking at the bag I was holding.

"Oh, this is for the parkour race later. I hope that you would allow me if you don't mind." I asked hoping that she would allow me.

She hesitated for a moment then she nodded in agreement.

"Yes! Thank you mom!" I said giving her a hug.

"Oh, one more thing." she said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"What if we try a different outfit? Since today is a special day, you must try something different." she said.

I just nod in agreement.

My mom began doing my hair and told me to change in this pink, silky gown. She changed my tiara into a golden tiara with diamonds surrounding it.

"You look beautiful." said my mother.

Then I looked at my reflection. I admired the beauty of my reflection until my thoughts were cut off by my mom.

"We better get going. We will be late." she said.

"Okay, I'll catch up with you later." I said.

"Okay, see you there." she said leaving my room.

I did final touches and grabbed my bag. I left my room and made my way to the royal courtyard.

-----

I saw the obstacles all setup and bunch of princes preparing for the games.

"Hey there Princess." said Felix.

"Oh, hey Felix." I said.

"Uhh... what's the bag for?" he asked.

I stopped walking which made him stop too.

"I'm going to join the parkour race." I said.

"What?! You-"

"Yes, I do parkour." I said.

"Unbelievable! No woman has ever done this before." he said.

"Just watch me, you'll see." I said.

------

Felix and I made it our way in our seats. In a few moments, the trumpets played knowing that the games will start.

"Welcome to the games! In today's event, we'll be doing a parkour race which who ever finishes first wins the heart of the princess." said the announcer

Heart of the princess? Tch. Even if one of them won the parkour race, they still can't win over my heart because my heart already belongs to someone else.

"Let me introduce to you the participants of the games. Prince Max of Conaissance."

Then a short, dark- skinned prince with glasses waved casually.

"He looks like a genius." said Felix.

"Because he really is a genius." I said and we both burst out in laughter.

"Prince Nino of Thessalonica."

Then a prince that looks like the first one except that he is taller waved and winked at me disgustingly.