12. Reunion

A/N: I just wanted to say how happy I am that this book is doing so well. It's my first book and I'm amazed that there are already so many views. As always comment what you want to see more of  (or less of). Thank you for everything!
-Katiya❤️

I step off of the boat and onto the dock of my homeland, Tenrou. I can just barely spot the castle above the ever climbing skyline.

"Thank you for bringing me here Eren." I smile, as I start walking away.

"Anytime." he calls from behind me slyly.

Even though I took his offer to bring me here, I still don't trust him. It's just how he said he wanted to bride me... Something about that entire scenario throws me off. I wouldn't accept if I had a choice, but that's not my issue. His urgency sends chills up my spine, and the way he acts as if what he says is indisputable.

All of those reasons, are why I'm hurrying back to the castle as quickly as I can. Alone.

•••

"Your Highness!" a familiar voice cries, as I walk through the main doors.I turn to face the voice, and it's Naima.

I've known Namia all of my life, and she hasn't changed at all. Her green eyes are still wide, scanning for any slight issue to reprimand me for. She's always been one for rules and order, which is why she makes such a good nanny..

"Your clothes!" she exclaims, gesturing to my pants and shirt. Being around Sinbad made me forget I'm not supposed to dress like this.

I sigh deeply before apologizing to her.

"Never mind that, we'll get you changed right away, then you can see your mother." she tells me, while pushing me towards my old room, which is equipped with tools to make me look acceptable.

As I sit down in front of my mirror, I watch in the reflection as Namia pulls out an array of elegant gowns, all in varying shade and style. She clucks her tongue as if deciding, and lays a dark crimson one on the bed, along with jewelry and a pair of shoes.

"How is she?" I ask, while brushing through my tangled hair with my fingers.

"Who are you talking about?" Namia asks, not looking up from the chest she's currently rummaging through.

"My mother."

Namia finally looks up, "She's fine why?"

My fingers stop, as I face her. If she's fine, then why did Aria call upon me? None of this makes sense.

"Aria-"

Before I can explain, Aria herself barges in, swinging open my door.

I stare at her, as she walks in gracefully, her kemp blonde hair falling down her back in an intricate set of braids, no doubt Namia's work. Her (e/c) eyes try to avoid mine, as she politely asks Namia to leave.

"Of course." Namia says curtsying to both of us, and giving me a questioning glance.

As soon as the door shuts Aria runs over to me, and wraps me in a hug. I quickly push her off, as she turns to me with a confused look on her face mirroring my own.

"What is it?" she asks, pouting slightly.

I shake my head, as my eyes bore into the real dress pooling around her as she's seated on the stone floor, "Why'd you send me that letter if nothing's wrong? You lied."

She cocks an eyebrow and grabs my hand, "I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'm no liar."

I want to believe her, but as I look into her eyes, I sense that she is keeping something from me. What it is though, I'm unsure. Aria hasn't lied to me in the past, as far as I know... We made a pact long ago to never lie to each other no matter what. Whether she keeps that promise to this day I'll can never truly be sure, but I have never doubted her until now. This entire situation seems to confuse me more and more as it plays out.

"So you didn't send the letter about Mother being sick?" I ask, maintaining eye contact with her.

She shakes her head back and forth furiously, "No, she's not sick at all actually." she tells me, "I thought you just showed up to speak with Mother."

I bring my index finger and thumb to the bridge of my nose, leaning back in my chair, "If you didn't send the letter than who?" I ask, growing impatient.

"I told you I don't know what letter you're talking about." she says calmly, standing up from the floor, and pulling a chair up next to me, "But I am interested in all you've been doing while you're away."

I raise my eyebrows, and look at her, she's eagerly curled into a ball on the chair. Waiting for what she believes will be the most i retesting story of the century. However, I don't have the energy or patience to tell her everything, I need to sort this out.

"I got your most recent letter!" she exclaims, after I don't say anything for a few moments, "You're in love? With a Sailor King? He's famous you know, for being a playboy that is. I don't know that you dating him, or even marrying him, would be a good idea. Not to mention-"

She drones on and on about Sinbad, while the pressure in my head increases. Pain is materializing at the base of my skull by the time she's finished listing off positive and negative traits about Sinbad. The majority of what she said I ignored, and instead attempted to piece together who sent the letter, and why.

"(Y/N)?" she asks, shaking my arm and bringing me back to reality.

"Hmm?" I mumble, running my thumb along my chapped lips.

"You never actually said what Sinbad said when you confessed to him." she grins, eagerly demanding the story.

"He confessed first actually." I laugh remembering how red and flustered he was. I go on to explain everything leading up to me coming here, including both kisses.

She gasps, her jaw dropping, "That sounds like some sort of book. And you're not engaged or anything!" she laughs, "Mother would be furious. So would Namia."

"I would be furious about what?" Namia questions from the opened door. Her hands are placed firmly on her hips, as she glares at both of us as if suspicious we're conspiring against her.

"Nothing!" we both chime in unison, grinning at her.