Chapter 10

Jade Chapter 10, a romance fiction |

"Hey," Ryan said, replying to Jade's greeting.

Jade gave him a strange look, wondering why he was just standing there looking confused. "Are you ok?" She curiously asked. "You look kind of nervous."

"Oh, I'm not...I'm fine." He quickly said.

Jade nodded but she could tell there was something bothering him, but she also knew it wasn't any of her business. She warned him to stay out of her affairs so it wouldn't be fair for her to mingle in his no matter how curious she was.

"Well, I was going to use the bathroom, if you don't mind." She said pointing to the door behind him.

Ryan finally realized that he was still blocking the way and moved aside. "Sorry."

Jade made her way toward the bathroom and opened the door, but before she could walk in, she looked at Ryan again.

Ryan who was staring at her quickly looked away.

"You know, you standing there is kind of creepy." She told him trying not to smirk.

Ryan felt his cheeks turn pink and silently cursed himself. He was acting weird which was out of character for him and Jade could tell. "Um, I'll see you out there." With that, he quickly walked away and finally joined everyone else drinking soft drinks and eating pizza.

Jade chuckled to herself before entering the bathroom and closing the door behind her. She was shocked at how welcoming everyone made her feel once she walked inside the house, thanks to Reina's big mouth announcing her arrival. They all greeted her and made her feel comfortable as soon as she stepped inside, which was a big difference compared to when she showed up for the first student council meeting.

It seemed as if that was months ago but only a few weeks had passed and she was already making a new group of friends. They knew about her past reputation and considering how bitchy she could be, she didn't blame them for being cautious of her in the beginning.

Maybe Reina was right after all. She needed to smile more often and show people that her hard shell attitude was not the only thing she had to offer. She wanted to be a good person as well, one people were not intimidated by.

After finishing her business in the bathroom, she walked out just as two distinct footsteps entered the hall.

"What is she doing here?" Wendy scowled, throwing Jade the signature mean look she had mastered over the past several weeks.

Jade only raised an eyebrow before returning Mandy's smile.

"I'm glad you came, Jade." Mandy said to her with a smile, ignoring Wendy's question. "I'm sure Reina is ecstatic to see you."

Wendy let out a scoff, her arms crossed. While everyone had become accepting of Jade, this girl was the only one that seemed to have something against her. Jade would have been glad to call her out on it but out of respect to Mandy, she decided not to.

"Thanks for inviting me." Jade said back politely.

Wendy glared at Mandy, a hard look on her face. "You invited her? Thanks a lot, Amanda." With that emphasis, she quickly walked away, anger puffing out of her pores.

Mandy gave Jade an apologetic look. "I'm sorry about that, she's-,"

"Amanda?" Jade questioned.

Mandy nodded sheepishly. "Yeah, Mandy is more of a nickname. Wendy thought it would be cool to be Wendy and Mandy, you know, being best friends and all."