Chapter 15

Jade Chapter 15, a romance fiction |

Warning: Strong Language

____________________________

Kayla couldn't find her cousin anywhere. One second Jade was dancing with Byron and looking as if she was having a pretty good time, and then once Kayla turned away for one second, she was gone.

"Hey, where's Jade? She asked Byron who was still standing there on the dance floor with a nervous look on his face.

"Oh, um, she went outside." He answered looking distracted, as if something was troubling him.

"Hey, you ok, man?" Cory asked him, also noticing the worried look on his friend's face. Obviously they had missed the event that took place only a minute ago.

"Yeah, I'm good." Byron answered them even though his expression spoke otherwise. "I'm gonna go grab another drink, want anything?"

"Nah-,"

"Actually, go ahead with him. I'm going to go find my cousin." Kayla told Cory, giving him a small smile.

"Ok. I'll find you later." Cory smiled back before walking away with Byron who still seemed as if he couldn't make sense of something. Kayla wondered if something happened between him and Jade.

Stepping out of the ballroom, she started walking toward what she hoped was the door that led to the outside of the mansion so she could find out if something had indeed happened. But before she could make it to the door, she ended up bumping into someone. She would have apologized absently and calmly continued on her way to find Jade but then she saw who exactly she had bumped into and stopped.

Monica looked surprised to see Kayla but her face quickly hardened a moment later. The two girls had never liked each other. They only tolerated each other because of Jade and Kayla now had no reason to pretend otherwise.

"Hey, slut." She said with a sneer. "So who's boyfriend are you planning on sleeping with next?"

Monica smirked. "Where's yours? Maybe I'll take him to bed."

Kayla let out a small fake laugh. Oh, how bad she wanted to hit this girl. Heck, nothing was stopping her and this just might be what she needed to let out her own frustrations. Although she had a mouth on her, she was rarely violent but tonight she was considering making an exception.

"You have no shame at all, do you?" She said to Monica, hoping to wipe that smirk off her face. "Jade might have not seen you for who you really are, but I always knew that you were a pathetic little bitch. Let me guess, daddy never loved you so you go around stealing other people's boyfriend to make yourself feel better. Am I right?"

If looks could kill, Kayla's ashes would be floating in the air. Monica obviously wanted to hit her but she was restraining herself, her veins were noticeable. Kayla knew exactly what buttons to press. She wanted that bitch to throw the first punch because she knew it would be the perfect push to get her own adrenaline going and for her not to hold anything back. This girl had been one of the reasons her cousin had her breakdown and there was no way Kayla would forget or let it go that easily. She was prepared for a fight.

"I am right, aren't I?" Kayla continued letting out another small laugh. This one was real and evil. "Attention seeking whore with daddy issues, how cliché. I bet you have a stepfather that touches you inappropriately-,"

There it was. With a maniacal shriek, Monica threw herself toward Kayla but before she could throw in a punch, someone wrapped their arms around her and she was pulled her back.

"Monica, stop it."

Kayla recognized Jasmine who had spoken and Ty who was holding her opponent back. Monica didn't listen. She was shaking with rage and trying to detach herself from Ty's grasp.