Chapter 4: Get Over Yourself

Heather's POV

I mentally scream. How can people be so fucking stupid? It's like people don't have a brain! Continuing to mentally curse every single person in my Algebra 2 class, I plug in my headphones and block out the lesson but still unfortunately kept writing the notes. 

I practically ran out of the classroom the second the bell rang. Only having 3 minutes for passing period-shit- I had to run to my locker. That happened to be on the other side of the school where my next class was. 

Oh joy.

I made it to my locker with about a minute to spare (cries inside) when this oh so ever bitch decides to slam it shut on me.

And of course, it's the pack's bitch. Let's get this over with.

I turn around to look at B- cup boobs popping out a turquoise V-neck, red hair resting on her shoulders with a pale face to match. I don't fucking have time for this.

"The fuck do you want Gina? I got class." I say opening my locker again only for it to be shut again.

"Hey little abomination~ I was wondering how you were doing today~" Gina leaned on MY locker (fucking cunt)

"Just wondering if you needed to borrow a shirt." I said casually giving up on using my textbook for class so I just started walking off.

She yelled. "JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE THE NEXT ALPHA IN LINE DOESN'T MEAN SHIT! THE PACK DOESN'T EVEN RIGHTFULLY BELONG TO YOU! IT BELONGS TO JERRY!"

I had no idea where that came from but well there went my reasoning, right out that window over yonder.

"Take it back. Take it back right now." I said quietly at first but it got louder as I approached this big mouthed whore and grabbed her by the neck.

"I SAID TAKE IT BACK!" Using one hand, I lifted her off the ground. I could feel the eyes of my peers. But i only stayed glued watching the fear in hers.

"Heather!" I was pulled back aggressively. I forgot Uncle Adrian was a teacher here. 

"Mr. Wilson! Thank the Goddess you're here." Gina slithered behind him acting as innocent as could be. "I was trying to ask-" 

He cut her off. "That'll be all." He looked right at me.

"My office now." He said calmly. I only kept my head down and fists clenched.

"Lets go Heather." Uncle Adrian reached for my hand but I back away.

"No..just stop okay." I turned around and ran off. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't know where I was running, but I didn't stop. Not for one second. Next thing I knew, I was in the woods.

This is good. No one will really bother me here. I sighed finally relaxing and lied on the ground. I need this moment. Alone, no one around physically at least to tell me how to act or to be. No one to judge me solely based on being a hybrid or not the rightful heir to the pack. Just me and my friends on the other side.

I could feel multiple presences, even if they were not residing in this realm anymore. I felt them. A part of myself had slightly hoped I would feel my brother's but we weren't allowed to connect with relatives residing as spirits. It's irritating because I don't even know if my brother was dead or alive.

I look to the side and see a pack warrior hiding behind a tree attempting to give me some type of privacy.

Thanks I guess?

He's been following me around since mom and dad went to Australia for a while. So yeah, babysitting duty.

A couple hours later, I finally decided it was time to go home, mainly because I got hungry. Silently walking back towards the pack house at 11 at night with a bodyguard following way back, I saw a figure on the porch.

What the fuck is that?

I quickened my pace out of curiousity but stopped dead in my tracks when realizing  who that figure was. 

It had to be him. I'd know him even if it was fifty years from now.

He was curled up on the porch in a fetal position. He was the spitting image of dad. We shared the same eyes and smirks. 

We used to eat and sleep together. He was my best friend. As soon as he stood up, I wrapped my arms around him and held him as tight as I could with tears falling down my face. He held me back with the same amount of force.

"Jerry."