Just the beginning

Whats up im Cortez , im 16, I always loved to do bad things I seen other people do. It was a habit to do at least one bad thing a day. But as you know life hit the fan...

       "lil Tony bring me a cup of juice and some nabs". My dad would always say to me or Rico. Never in my life did I want to listen to this nigga, either it was listen or get my ass whooped.

I walked to the kitchen and got what he said. "You and your brother get ready for school tommorow." I walked back and told Rico what pops said. "Rico you staying after tommorow?" He stood up eyes stuck on driving a stolen cop car on the game. "Hell yea bro".

   Early the next morning I stood by the lunch room waiting on the bell to ring for first block. I had seen Rico with some bad ass lightskin girl with braids while walking to class. That probably was his best. While walking in the hallway i spotted Ms.Conner "whats up Ms.Conner". She looked at me as I walked in the classroom full of black kids." How you doing Cortez, you gone do some work today?". She knew good and damn well I wasnt gone do her damn work. Its like   I had no purpose in being in African American history class.
   Ms.Conner was a brownskin lady with beautiful eyes and hair. She had a personality that would want you to make you re-evaluate your life. She stayed on me like white on rice to do her work. The bell rang for Second block.
   "Cortez, stay here for a few minutes I want to talk to you". I didnt know what she wanted me to stay for like her words wasnt gone go in out the other ear. "Yes Ms.Conner" looking at her rolling my eyes. "Cortez I need you to do some work please I know you have it  in you to change. You are a leader I have seen you read better than half the kids in here". Her words Touched me deeply because nobody ever told me that but I didnt know how to respond."Uhhh thank you Ms.Conner, but I got to go to my next class".