Prolouge

SCREW IT I'M DOING A POKéMON FANFIC! 

FIGHT MEH!

------------------------------------------

  A raven-haired boy sat quietly on the airplane looking out the window. 

It was the middle of the night, and he was seated next to his mother and the thin airplane wall. Technically he should have been asleep, but for one, the plans seats weren't exactly the most comfortable seats ever. Two, the plane itself was pretty loud. And three, he was too excited to sleep. In a few hours he would be in a brand new region with brand new Pokémon, even if it was just for a few days. Six years was a long time to be a Pokémon trainer with his best friend that was currently dozing on his lap, and he was always hoping for a new adventure. 

Suddenly there was a loud explosion that shook the flying vehicle, and all the dim lights lighting the cabin went out. The boy craned his neck at the window to see what happened. There was black smoke that was billowing out from underneath the wing, barely visible compared to the night sky behind it. The boy's mom stirred next to him. 

"Mom, something happened," the boy whispered to the woman, and she blinked and gently shook the humanoid Pokémon on the far side of her. 

"Pika...?" The small yellow rodent on the boy's lap yawned. 

"Hey buddy, something's up." The boy explained, and the Pokémon rubbed his eyes and the bright red pouches on his cheeks sparked with electricity. 

"Attention passengers, we are experiencing technical difficulties with the aircraft. Please stay in your seats until further notice." The pilot's voice came over the intercom, but of course some people started panicking anyways. The plane's cabin went deathly silent for a few minutes, before the entire plane suddenly tilted downwards, and you could feel it starting to spin. The boy's mom cried out in surprise, and people, Pokémon and objects started to float in the downward spiral. 

"Mayday, mayday! Everybody brace yourselves!" The announcement came over the intercom, but now more than half the adults were screaming. "Ash!" The boy's mother called, since both of the were staring to float in the death spiral. The boy grabbed the seat in front of him and his Pikachu to keep them from floating away, and looped his arm through his backpack that was at his feet before reaching down and covering his head. The next moment time seemed to stop as the screaming continued and the airplane plunged into darkness.

You know how there are those times that when there is a lot of commotion going on, you barely seem to think and just react? That was what happened with the boy. He didn't really see anything or think any real thoughts, or have his life flash before his eyes. He just hugged his best friend as the plane plummeted to the depths below, but was suddenly taken out of that thoughtless state when a freezing, wet sensation suddenly enveloped him. 

His eyes shot open and he saw that the impact must have busted a hole through the plane's body, allowing water to rush in. His eyes stung like crazy from the salt water, but kept them open so he could actually see. He let go of his Pikachu, and seeing that he was okay, pointed to the hole that had let the water in. The plane itself had quickly filled up with water, making it more urgent to get to the surface for air. Someone had also opened the evacuation doors that led out to the wings, which was either a good escape route or a horrible idea. The boy swam through the large hole, and used to water to propel himself to the surface. 

He then realized he hadn't grabbed a life jacket for him or Pikachu, and mentally cursed himself for it. 

We've survived worse. He commented, and suddenly burst the surface.