Chapter 16- Sammy goes to college

Chapter 16

Sammy runs back inside and comes out with a vial. Inside is a splinter of the Cube. I thought it was destroyed. He gives the vial to 'Kaela as she drives up. I don't pay much attention, though. I'm too busy watching Judy freak out.
"The femme creator is humorous," Ironhide mutters. I grin and agree, putting my head on his shoulder, and yawn.
"If we don't hurry up, we're gonna be late." About five minutes later, Sam and Mikaela are on the sidewalk in front of the now charred house. Ironhide and I are in his alt-form, watching. Sam and 'Kaela kiss, and Ironhide rolls his eyes. I laugh and hit him playfully. Sam walks off and gets in his parents' car. We follow them, driving toward Sammy's future. We pull up and get out.
"Oh, my gosh!" Judy gushes, "look at this place! I feel smarter already!"
"Huh. I don't." 'Hide grins. Sammy grabs a box and Ron points to the dorms. I ask 'hide to help with the boxes, and follow Sammy. We're walking down a hall, and enter a room filled with posters, and watch a guy hanging more up through my dark shades. I stand by the door.
"Hey."
"Hey." Wow, guy logic. Be simple as possible, but still way better... Annie snickers. "You must be Sam, right? I'm Leo." Sam nods.
"Hi," I add.
"Hello," he leers as he puts his hand out for me to shake.
"I'm, um, not touching that." I look at him. "Germiphobe." He nods like he understands. I was totally bluffing, but I have to play nice. 'Hide told me on the way over.
"So, I've already set up the crib a bit." Crib? Is this the 90's? Which side ya want?" Sam points to one side, and Leo answers, "I already chose that side."
"You know what this is? This is the awkward moment. Yeah, see, you're trying to see if I'm a normal guy..." They continue for a while and I get bored. Hey Annie. She sighs. What, Angel? I grin. I don't know. I'm bored. Sammy follows Leo into a connected room, and I shake my head, following.
"So, Sammy," I whisper in his ear. "You found a new Miles. You always attract the weird ones..." He rolls his eyes.
"What's your name?"
"LeighAnn," I use my middle name. This guy creeps me out. I don't want him knowing my name. He grins.
"You wanna go out sometime?"
"Not in your wildest dreams." Just then, I hear Radioactive by the Imagine Dragons playing. I pull put Shredder in his alt-form and answer, "hello."
Ironhide's voice answers, "Angel, you okay?"
"I'm fine."
"We're coming up."
"Okay, 'Hide."
"Be safe, squishy." I roll my eyes.
"I will, mech." He chuckles. "Later, 'Hide."
"Alright, Angel." I hang up smiling. They're talking about a robot in LA toasting a woman. Sam looks at me pleadingly.
"It's fake."
"No! No, it's not!"
"Dude, I know a nine year old who can make better special effects than that." It was true. Bruce Kyles was a brilliant kid. I babysat him a couple times, and he made his own movies. They keep arguing so I walk out, and hear Leo give Sam a job working for his 'site. Then Sammy gets rude and walks out to see a dark-haired chick walking down the hall with a clipboard. He asks her for a room switch.
"Sad face, 312, no switching. No trading, so let's turn that frown upside down, 'kay?" She is way too perky. I turn to Sam as she walks away.
"Can I slap her?" He shakes his head, and I pout. Then Ron, Judy, and Ironhide walk up. 'Hide and I walk out to sit by his alt-form as everyone else gets into an argument.
"Angel?" He sounds nervous.
"Yeah?"
"Would you...maybe..."
"Yeah?"
"Maybe wanna go on a date with me?"