◇Chapter 13◇

The Winx first see Sans talking to Papyrus. They freeze on the spot as they noticed their presence.

"BROTHER, WHAT ARE THOSE?" Papyrus loudly asked as he pointed at the seven fairies. The elder skeleton shrugged, and then answered lazily, "A bunch of rocks."

Fooled, Papyrus does see seven rocks on the ground. Stella raises a brow, mentally asking why were there rocks in the first place. They were in a snowy place for goodness' sake! If anything, they should be covered thickly with snow.

"But then, what are those behind the rocks?" Sans smirked as he referred to the Winx. They slowly paled as the two brothers looked at each other, then to the fairies, and back to each other. This cycle goes on until they spin around and stop abruptly, facing each other. They began a whispering conversation.

The taller one spoke first, asking, "Brother, are those people what I think they are?"

"Kind of, but they aren't really humans," Sans answered. "They're, uh, fairies."

Papyrus' eye sockets went wide at the mention of fairies. "Like in the human storybooks? Magical humans with wings?"

They both look at the seven, then the taller told him, "But they don't have wings."

"Maybe they're just in their human forms," the smaller one replied. "They won't use their powers unless necessary, I think."

"WOWIE!" Papyrus suddenly squealed. "I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, AM HONORED!"

All the girls could do was look the skeleton brothers with confusion evident on their faces. They couldn't really decipher what they were talking about, considering the soft volume of their voices. Ironically enough, especially for the louder skeleton known as Papyrus. Surely though, Musa knew what they talked about.

"Honored to... what?" Bloom asked. Papyrus only chuckled and said, "I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, AM HONORED TO MEET FAIRIES LIKE YOU! I DIDN'T KNOW SUCH BEINGS EXIST!"

The girls giggled at Papyrus' innocence. It made him seem cute and harmless, after all. At this point, Tecna thought that Isabela would say, "He's such a cinnamon roll." Whatever that means. She smiled, remembering the young fairy and her odd logic and humor.

"NYEH HEH HEH!" Papyrus boomed, his laugh snapping the techno fairy from her contemplation. "UNDYNE WILL SURELY BE SURPRISED ONCE I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, HAVE CAPTURED YOU ALL! THEN, I WILL BE FAMOUS FOR SURRENDERING EXTRAORDINARY CREATURES NOBODY HAS SEEN BEFORE! EVERYONE WILL WANT TO KNOW HOW I DID IT, AND THEY WILL WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH ME! NYEH HEH HEH!"

Sans chuckled, knowing that the girls before him won't be caught easily. "They're fairies, Pap," he began. "They'll be more difficult to catch than humans. Of course, they won't back down without a fight."

"That's right!" Stella added. "We have never surrendered, and this is no different!"

Papyrus, astounded by Stella's statement, only seemed to accept the unsaid challenge. He laughed once more and remarked, "WELL THEN, I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, SHALL NOT GIVE UP EITHER! YOU SHALL FACE CHALLENGES YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN, WHICH WILL TAKE INTELLIGENCE AND CUNNING TO FINISH!"

The tall skeleton laughed again as he turned to go. "I SHALL PREPARE THE PUZZLES FOR YOU! UNTIL THEN, MY FUTURE CAPTIVES!! NYEH HEH HEH HEH HEH!!!"

With that said, he ran off to who-knew-where, leaving the girls and his elder brother. Sans follows a few moments later, reminding them about how Papyrus is clearly no threat to them. He gives a playful wink before leaving the seven fairies.

I guess you could say he left them in the dust, or rather, snow.

Tecna first blinked, then shook her head. "Future captives. I don't think we'd be captured anytime soon, since logically speaking, we are fairies. At this point, in whatever puzzle we'd have to go through, it's going to be a piece of cake."