◇Chapter 1◇

Bloom and the Winx had been called to the Headmistress' office yet again. They wondered why, but according to Tecna, they could have done something wrong, or just really important matter.

"Good afternoon, Headmistress Faragonda," Bloom greeted once they came in. The former fairy had greeted back, and had the six fairies sit down in front of her desk.

"I have called you here for a mission," Miss Faragonda announced. "Have you heard of Mt. Ebott?"

Tecna perked up at the name, knowing the name from a lesson taught sometime. "Isn't that located in Earth?"

The headmistress nodded, telling her that she's right.

"What about Mt. Ebott?" Musa asked. "It's a mountain somewhere in Earth. What's so special about it that there even is a mission set there?"

That was when the headmistress became serious.

"You may not have known of this," she began. "But there once was a sorcerer who was against monsters. He thought all of them were as evil as he knew considering his traumatizing experience with some, but the Company of Light had tried to stop him from his plan."

"That isn't really a bad thing," Stella commented. "Right?"

The elder fairy chuckled, but said, "Not quite."

This startled the Winx.

"You see, not all monsters are what we call them," she explained. "Most of them may be as evil as the ones you've faced, but in reality, they are just as good as all of us. Some may not even try to harm you."

Bloom took note of this. Suddenly, she had remembered Knut, the ogre she fought back then at Gardenia. At first, she thought he was evil, but after the fight for Magix, she was proven wrong. You can say that he was just a cinnamon roll.

"Do you know the sorcerer's name?" Aisha asked. "We could find him and take him down."

"Unfortunately, we do not," Miss Faragonda sighed. "He had never stated his name or title. Not even a clue to what he really looks like."

Stella whined. "Ugh, really? I thought you'd know what he looks like."

"He had a mask and a hooded cape on," the former fairy followed up. "That's the only thing I could remember."

The blonde huffed with the lack of information. Not even a clue to what he looks like... ridiculous!

"Anyway, he faced monsters who were so kind to him, yet he imprisoned them under Earth. He sealed them in with a cursed barrier with the help of other wizards and sorceresses, so as to not let them pass anymore. Only our kind, even humans, can pass."

"What a terrible fate bestowed on them!" Flora exclaimed. "How could he do that to such creatures?"

The headmistress sighed yet again. "Like I had mentiomed earlier, Flora, his logic on monsters is as negative as anxiety. He thinks all monsters are rather evil."

"That idea sounds irrational," the pinkette said. "He didn't even think about giving monsters a chance."

"How can we break the barrier, to free them?" The fire fairy among them asked, determined to set the creatures free. "We want to save them from living in darkness, if ever."

"You must use seven souls, filled with virtues, and a monster soul." Miss Faragonda answered.

Hearing monster soul made the Winx wonder, particularly Tecna. The pinkette curiously asked, "Monsters also have souls?"

"They do, Tecna." The elder replied. "Some may seem ruthless, but that is because their soul has been invaded by darkness and hatred. Some, however, may still be filled with kindness and hope. They are similar to our souls."