Chapter 15: Back To You

Oh so in case I haven;t said or you haven't noticed, this is BEFORE Emma and Henry and all that. I will end up including OUAT of course, but not until way later. Just fyi in case that's confusing. Also, since I'm back at school, updates will probably slow down :( but i'll do my best!!

She groaned and rubbed her head as she sat up. She felt a small bruise forming, as well as the messy hair that was now in tangles due to her tossing and turning the night before.

            “The hell, Felix? Bloody idiot,” she grunted. She was grumpy in the morning, especially with a rude awakening. At least she didn’t lash out with her magic; she was completely awake and aware. The bright sunlight shone only on bits of the trees and the sky directly above her was still a light purple. It was just dawn. As she combed her fingers through her hair and tried to retie it, she didn’t even bother trying to grab her weapons, since Felix was just sitting beside her. Plus, she sensed no threat anywhere near them; in fact, the different thing she sensed was

            “Pan, what’s going on?” Felix finished her thought. He was sitting, back stiff, a look of confusion on his thin face, staring at Pan who was staring at them with a scowl on his face. The boy was leaning with his back flat against a tree.

            “You were supposed to show her the island,” Pan nearly growled at Felix. “The night isn’t that cold, no need for extra warmth.” At that, she just tilted her head in confusion, but Felix threw his head back and let out loud laughter.

            At her shove, Felix swallowed enough of his laughs to attempt speaking. “Pan,” he choked out, “a-are you, you, actually, oh hell—”

            Pan’s scowl turned into a full snarl, and he stood straight. “Shut the hell up, you bloody idiot. No,” he huffed. Felix just bit his lip as his body shook relentlessly with silent laughs. Pan strode to the girl, shoving the still howling Felix, until he loomed over her. “Up, time for your next magic lesson. He has shown you the island, right?” He said stiffly, rolling his eyes at Felix. She stood quickly and grinned.

            “Yes, and it’s incredible. There’s so much magic, and do you really—” she began excitedly, but he cut her off.

            “Good, now that you know the place you’re going to learn to transport yourself around it, like I do,” he said plainly. She sobered and stood still with her back straight as he began to pace lazily in front of her. She didn’t like the businesslike tone, and Felix had stopped laughing and was acting just as cool. Pan continued, “I’ve realized your value may attract some…less-than-welcome visitors,” he smirked as she grit her teeth. “So I need my little magic girl to defend herself, so that she doesn’t fall into the wrong hands,” Felix nudged her shoulder, snickering lightly.

            She just stayed still, reigning in the surge of anger. “What will you have me do?” She bit out slowly.

            He ignored her tone, instead spreading his arms. “Transport. To anywhere on the island. Just think of the place with as much detail as you can, and you’ll feel a sort of pressure, like something’s trying to pull you. Let it.” He then tilted his head and narrowed his eyes. “This might make it easier. Do you remember I told you each being with magic has an aura?” she nodded. “Magical places have them too. To start, I’m going to transport myself somewhere, and I want you to find me, and follow me.” He stepped very close to her, so that their chests almost touched. Still angry, she stayed stiff, but her shoulders fell back a bit. Then, he disappeared.

            “Go find him,” Felix instructed, smirking lightly. “Just close your eyes, you know what he feels like. Follow it, imagine standing in front of him.”