Chapter 26: Thieves and Beggars

Hello! Here's another chapter! Just a heads-up, I'm starting to have some trouble with the next few so updates may slow as it takes longer to get them done, but I'm trying my best!! Thank you so so so so much for all the reads and comments!

Multimedia stuff for this book can be found in th external link (as usual, it's on almost all the chapters).

Once again, HELLO VANESSA5836! Boys and girls, her story Second Star to the Right is awesome!!!

Enjoy, don't forget to comment and/or vote!:)

PETER PAN’S POV

She messed up his life again the day Daniel, Robert, and Peter’s own second-in-command broke his rules by dragging her into Lost Boy territory. Peter sensed her aura far too close to camp, and brighter than it had been in months. He stood to send some boys after her, rules were rules, but Felix stepped into the clearing and called him aside before he could utter a word.

            “Pan,” the tall boy drawled, voice stern. Peter raised his eyebrows, intrigued to see Felix try to play lord over him. “We need to talk.” Oh, now he just sounded like a damn girl.

            “Yes?” Peter clasped his hands behind his back, smiling sickly sweet.

            “I know you’ve been going through some crap, so have we all. But you’re making the boys scared of you,” Felix said slowly and calmly. This caught Peter off-guard, he’d expected more of a…well, some behavior more provoking. Then, his own brother scared of him? Not possible.

            “No, they’re just adjusting—” he started, but Felix cut him off. He grit his teeth and fisted his hands at that one, no Lost Boy cut off their leader.

            “Even the older ones. Peter,” Felix urged, and Peter was again unbalanced at the sound of his name. “You even make me not want to be around you, to be yours.” That one hurt. Felix had always been there, always loyal to him, always his friend. Neverland was known for Peter Pan, but Peter Pan was known for Felix.

            He sighed and swallowed his previous annoyance. “Alright, what do you suggest, then? But I’m not going all soft and girly,” he scowled. Felix chuckled.

            “No, don’t. Just…remember that it takes time to build up the skills you want. And they will build them. Especially with Bae gone, so we don’t have to deal with his whiny ass,” the boys rolled their eyes in sync at that memory. “And we have time. We also have something else, which you’re going to have to like,” this would’ve seemed like a threat, but Felix’s smirk was almost excited.

            “What?” Peter asked slowly, arching an eyebrow and straightening his back.

            “You already know,” Felix tilted his head down to look at him better. Peter thought for a moment, and felt the girl’s aura again. Oh.

            “You broke my rules,” Peter growled.

            “She’s our sister. And she didn’t betray you, I’m absolutely sure of it,” Felix growled back, standing his ground but not even fisting his hands. “Daniel, Robert,” he called over his shoulder. Peter shifted to look past him, and had to control himself.

            Daniel and Robert stumbled into the clearing, hair messier than usual, each holding one thin, pale arm of the struggling, gorgeous princess between them. And, damn, was she putting up a fight. Peter bit his lip to stifle his amused grin at the girl kicking and wriggling between the boys, mouth spewing expletives he didn’t even know she knew, and he could feel the magic she was shoving out in waves. It wasn’t doing much, she obviously didn’t want to hurt the boys so the magic was just sort of lightly nudging. Peter rolled his eyes, weak little child.