Mike Dirnt

A/n: listen to the song included in this chapter! It's such an amazing song! It describes me so fucking well...

I couldn't do this anymore. I didn't want to go on with life... I couldn't... it was so hard... every day when I woke up, I wondered if today was the day, the day that I was going to die. Every morning I was always hopeful that the answer would be yes, but, it was always no... so I always went to bed feeling disappointed, and most nights I'd cry myself to sleep, thinking about how worthless I was.

Even now, lying on my bed in the middle of the day, staring up at the ceiling and listening to Machines by Biffy Clyro on my CD player, I still felt absolutely shit.

Tears streamed down my cheeks as the song reached the chorus. I loved this song, I always thought that it summed up my life pretty well.

I jumped a foot in the air as I heard the front door open.

"Babe?" A voice that I'd grown to adore called out. "M-Mike..." I whimpered, burying my face in my pillow.

A few seconds later, I heard Mike enter the room and I felt him sit on the edge of the bed. He then started to rub slow, large circles on my back, something he always did when I was upset.

I sniffed and sat up slowly. "What's the matter babe?" Mike asked, his voice laced with worry.
I shook my head and instead of saying anything, I threw my arms around Mike's neck and sobbed into his chest.

"M-Mi-Mike..." I whimpered softly as I clung to his shirt, never wanting to leave his safe, comforting arms.

"Hey it's ok. I'm right here y/n. And I'm not leaving. Shhh..." he whispered as he wrapped his arms tighter around me.

"What's wrong my baby girl?" He whispered, wiping a few tears off my cheeks with his thumb, before bringing me into his chest again, placing a gentle, loving kiss on my temple.

I whimpered and slowly pulled away from him to look up into his crystal blue eyes. His gaze held mine as I slowly rolled up my sleeve, revealing the many cuts that I had made on my arm earlier this morning, some of which were still bleeding profusely.

This was probably the worst I'd ever cut myself. I remembered that the cuts wouldn't stop bleeding, no matter what I tried to do...

"Oh y/n!" Mike gasped, taking my cold hand into his warm one and lacing his fingers through mine.

I looked down in shame, feeling disgusted with myself for letting this happen, for letting myself appear so weak.

"Why'd you do it babe?" Mike asked softly, tracing his thumb over my cold hand. I looked up and saw the pain and sadness that I felt reflected in his eyes.

"Because nobody loves me..." I said in a barely audible whisper. The next thing I knew, I felt Mike's arms wrap around my waist and pull me against his chest, one hand rubbing my back while the other one held my head to his chest, positioned just where his heart was.

"Oh y/n..." he whispered sadly. "I love you. I love you so fucking much. You're my everything. I dunno what I would do if something bad ever happened to you... you're my world. I love you y/n."

I sighed, finally feeling somewhat happy again, cradled in the arms of my one true love. I pressed my ear to Mike's chest, smiling at the sound of his soothing heartbeat.

Mike pressed a soft kiss to my temple as a monstrous yawn escaped me. He chuckled softly. "Is my baby girl tired?" I blushed at the nickname and nodded slowly, snuggling closer into Mike's chest.

"I'll let you get some sleep then." He whispered in my ear as he laid me down. He got up off the bed and gently kissed my cheek before quietly making his way to the door.

"M-Mikey?" I whispered into the darkness. "Yeah y/n?" "Can you stay with me tonight?" I could almost see Mike smiling as he climbed into bed next to me and pulled me against his warm chest.

I nuzzled into the crook of his neck as I felt him chuckle. He then started to softly run his fingers through my hair, something he always did when he wanted me to fall asleep.

A quiet whimper escaped my lips as he wrapped his arms around my back and tangled his legs with mine.

"Shhh... I've got you. You're safe my sweetheart. He placed another kiss on my temple as I felt my eyes begin to close. I no longer felt like hurting myself, at least not for the moment anyway. And that was all because of Mike. He was my everything. My saviour.